NHL News and Notes from Thursday, May 19th, 2022
- The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have signed defenseman Nic Seeler to a two year deal.
- Seeler’s new contract will carry an annual average value of $775,000 per season.
- The Nashville PRedators announced that they have signed head coach John Hynes to a two year extension.
- The Vegas Golden Knights announced that forward Mark Stone underwent successful surgery on his back.
- Stone had a lumbar discectomy, and is expected to be ready to play come the start of the 2022-23 season.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET – Game 2
- In Florida for Game 2 the Panthers look to bounce back against the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Corey Perry would score to give the Bolts the 1-0 lead. In the second period Eetu Luostarinen would score to tie the game at one for the Panthers. Then with four seconds left in regulation Ross Colton would score to give the Lightning the 2-1 victory and the 2-0 series lead over the Panthers.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Colton Tames the Panthers
- St. Louis Blues v. Colorado Avalanche – 930p ET – Game 2
- In Colorado the Avalanche look to take the two game series lead over the St. Louis Blues, and after a scoreless first period Jordan Kyrou and David Perron would score to give the Blues the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Gabriel Landeskog would strike for the Avs, but Perron’s second of the game and a tally from Brandon Saad would give the Blues the 4-1 victory over the Avalanche to tie the series at one game a piece.
- NYR v. CAR – 8p ET – Game 2
- EDM v. CAL – 1030p ET – Game 2
Noteworthy in Hockey
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.