NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, April 19th, 2022
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would play host to the Philadelphia Flyers, and after a scoreless first period James van Riemsdyk would strike for the Flyers, but goals from Timothy Liljegren, William Nylander, and Jason Spezza for the Leafs to take the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Ronnie Attard would score for the Flyers, but David Kampf and Ilya Mikheyev would score to give the Maple Leafs the 5-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Minnesota Wild v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would take on the Minnesota Wild, and in the first period Kevin Fiala would score to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Matt Boldy would score to give the Wild the 2-0 victory over the Canadiens.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would host the Detroit Red Wings, and after a scoreless first period Ross Colton and Nikita Kucherov would score for the Bolts, but goals from Oskar Sundqvist, Jakub Vrana, and Lucas Raymond would score to give the Wings the 3-2 lead. Then in the the third period Colton would net his second of the game for the Bolts, but Vrana would net his second of the game to give the Red Wings the 4-3 victory over the Lightning.
- Winnipeg Jets v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Winnipeg Jets, and after a scoreless first period Ryan Strome would score to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Adam Fox and Strome would score to give the Rangers the 3-0 victory over the Jets.
- Florida Panthers v. New York Islanders – 730p ET
- Meanwhile on Long Island the New York Islanders would take on the Florida Panthers, and after a scoreless first period Sebastian Aho would strike for the Isles while Aleksander Barkov would score for the Panthers for the 1-1 tie. Then in the third period Jean-Gabriel Pageau would score for the Isles and Barkov would net his second of the game for the Panthers as this game would go to overtime tied at two. In the extra frame Barkov would complete the hat trick to give the Panthers the 3-2 victory over the Islanders.
- Calgary Flames v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would take on the Calgary Flames, and after a scoreless first period Andrew Mangiapane would score for the Flames, but goals from Filip Forsberg and Matt Duchene would give the Preds the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Mangiapane would strike for his second of the game to tie the game at two for the Flames and send the game to overtime. After a scoreless extra five minutes of hockey it would be Mikael Granlund with the shootout winner to give the Predators the 3-2 victory over the Flames.
- Boston Bruins v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would go old school as they host the Boston Bruins, and in the first period Pavel Buchnevich would score to give the Blues the 1-0 lead. In the second period Robert Thomas would score for the Blues, but goals by Jake DeBrusk and Taylor Hall would tie the game at two for the B’s. Then after a scoreless third period Charlie McAvoy would score in overtime to give the Bruins the 3-2 victory over the Blues.
- Ottawa Senators v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver the Canucks would play host to the Ottawa Senators, and in the first period JT Miller and Brock Boeser would score to give the Canucks the 2-0 lead. In the second, Ottawa comes within a goal when Alex Formenton nets his 16th. In the third, Ottawa ties the game after Parker Kelly nets his sixth and then the Sens take the lead when Alex Formenton nets his second of the game. The Canucks then tie the contest after Travis Dermott nets his second of the contest. Adam Gaudette scores the game winner in the shootout as the Senators down the Canucks 4-3.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would host their Hollywood neighbor Los Angeles Kings, and after a scoreless first, Adrian Kempe nets his 34 to give the Kings the 1-0 but then the Ducks tie it up when Adam Henrique scores his 18th. In the third, Phillip Danault scores his 25th of the year to give the Kings the 2-1 over the Ducks.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. San Jose Sharks – 1030p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks would host the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Scott Reedy and Rudolfs Balcers would score to give the Sharks the 2-0 lead. Scott Reedy then scores his fifth of the year to give San Jose the 3-0 lead. In the third. Jack Roslovic scores a pair of goals but the Sharks escape with the 3-2 win over the Blue Jackets.
- DAL v. EDM – 830p ET
- CHI v. ARI – 10p ET
- WAS v. VGK – 10p ET
- COL v. SEA – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Remembering when the NHL flirted with a 3-2-1 points system and why it didn’t happen (The Athletic – $)
- Insider Trading: Scott Smith set to become president and CEO of Hockey Canada (TSN)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.