NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, March 29th, 2022
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston we would get some Original Six hockey as the Bruins would play host to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period David Pastrnak would score for the B’s, but goals from Colin Blackwell, Morgan Rielly, and Alex Kerfoot would give the Leafs the 3-1 lead. In the second period Jake Debrusk would score for Boston, but goals from Mitch Marner, Auston Matthews and David Kampf would give the Leafs the 6-2 lead. Then in the third period Curtis Lazar and Taylor Hall would score for the B’s, but the Leafs would hold on for the 6-4 victory over the Bruins.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would host the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Nino Niederreiter would score to give the Canes the 1-0 lead. In the second period Alex Killorn and Victor Hedman would score for the Bolts, but goals from Seth Jarvis and Sebastian Aho would keep the Canes ahead by one. Then in the third period Brayden Point would score to tie the game at three to send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Steven Stamkos would score to give the Lightning the 4-3 victory over the Hurricanes.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET
- In another part of Florida the Panthers would play host to the Montreal Canadiens, and in the first period Chris Wideman would strike for the Habs, but Jonathan Huberdeau and Ryan Lomberg would score to give the Panthers the 2-1 lead. In the second period Joel Edmundson, Laurent Dauphin, and Christian Dvorak would score for the Habs, but goals from Sam Bennett and Lomberg would tie this game at four. Then in the third period Huberdeau would net his second of the game and Mason Marchment and Aleksander Barkov would score to give the Panthers the 7-4 victory over the Canadiens.
- New York Rangers v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would host the New York Rangers, and in the first period Brian Boyle would score to give the Pens the 1-0 lead. In the second period Frank Vatrano and Braden Schneider would score for the Rangers to take the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Sidney Crosby would score for the Pens, but Chris Kreider would strike to give the Rangers the 3-2 victory over the Penguins.
- New York Islanders v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would take on the New York Islanders, and in the first period Vladislav Gavrikov would strike for the Jackets, but goals from Brock Nelson and Josh Bailey would give the Isles the 2-1 lead. In the second period Gavrikov would net his second of the game, but Anthony Beauvillier and Zach Parise would score to give the Isles the 4-2 lead. Then in the third period Oliver Bjorkstrand would score for the Jackets, but the Islanders would hold on for the 4-3 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Ottawa Senators v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would play host to the Ottawa Senators, and in the first period both teams would trade goals as Brady Tkachuck would score for the Sens and Michael McCarron would strike for the Preds for the one all tie. In the second period McCarron would net his second of the game to give the Preds the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Tanner Jeannot and Matt Duchene would score to give the Predators the 4-1 victory over the Senators.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would take on the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period Matt Dumba and Kirill Kaprizov would score to give the Wild the 2-0 lead. In the second period Jordan Greenway and Kevin Fiala would score to grow the Wild’s lead to four. Then in the third period Morgan Frost would score for the Flyers, but the Wild would hold on for the 4-1 victory over the Flyers.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would take on the Colorado Avalanche, and after a scoreless first period Tyler Toffoli would score for the Flames and Valeri Nichushkin would strike for the Avs for the 1-1 tie. In the third, Valeri Nichushkin would net his second of the night as Colorado goes on to defeat Calgary 2-1.
- Dallas Stars v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would host the Dallas Stars, and in the first period Radek Faksa would score to give the Stars the 1-0 lead. In the second, Derek Grant strikes with his 12th of the ear to tie the contest and then Anaheim takes the lead after Troy Terry scores his 31st of the year. In the third, Roope Hintz nets his 29th of the year to tie the game for the Stars and then Jacob Peterson strikes with his 12th to give the Stars the 3-2 win over the Ducks.
- WIN v. BUF – 7p ET
- NYR v. DET – 730p ET
- LA v. EDM – 930p ET
- STL v. VAN – 10p ET
- SJ v. ARI – 10p ET
- VGK v. SEA – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Johnny Oduya On Travel, Coaching & ATUNYA (SportsNet)
- Bettman and Daly recap the GM Meetings (TSN)
- Daly discusses possible playoff salary cap, World Cup and officiating (TSN)
- Dorion: “We started something together and we’re going to finish it.” (TSN)
- Insider Trading: Major topics discussed on Day 2 of the NHL GM meetings (TSN)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.