NHL News and Notes from Sunday, March 27th, 2022
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. New York Islanders – 2p ET
- On Long Island the New York Islanders would play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Brock Nelson would strike for the Isles to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Victor Hedman and Alex Killorn would score to give the Bolts the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Ross Colton and Mikhail Sergachev would score to give the Lightning the 4-1 victory over the Islanders.
- Buffalo Sabres v. New York Rangers – 6p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would play host to the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Rasmus Asplund would strike for the Sabres, but a pair of goals from Frank Vatrano would give the Rangers the 2-1 lead. In the second period Alexis Lafreniere would score for the Rangers, but goals from Will Butcher and Kyle Okposo would tie the game at three for the Sabres. Then in the third period Artemi Panarin would score for the Rangers, but Jeff Skinner would strike to tie the game at four to send the game to overtime. In the extra frame K’Andre Miller would strike to give the Rangers the 5-4 victory over the Sabres.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 5p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would play host to the Detroit Red Wings, and in the first period Kasperi Kapanen and Teddy Blueger would score to give the Pens the 2-0 lead. In the second period Dylan Larkin and Jakub Vrana would score for the Wings, but a pair of goals from Evgeni Malkin plus goals from Jeff Carter, Bryan Rust, and Sidney Crosby would give the Pens the commanding 7-2 lead. Then in the third period Danton Heinen, Malkin, Brian Boyle, and Rickard Rakell would score to give the Penguins the 11-2 victory over the Red Wings.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Nashville Predators – 6p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would take on the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period Travis Sanheim and Joel Farabee would score to give the Flyers the 2-0 lead. In the second period Max Willman and James van Riemsdyk would strike for the Flyers, but a pair of goals from Yakov Trenin and tallies from Luke Kunin and Filip Forsberg would tie the game at four for the Preds. Then in the third period Tanner Jeannot would strike to give the Predators the 5-4 victory over the Flyers.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Minnesota Wild – 6p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would host the Colorado Avalanche, and after a scoreless first period Kirill Kaprizov would score to give the Wild the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Nazem Kadri and Mikko Rantanen would score for the Avs, but Ryan Hartman would score to tie the game at two for the Wild. In overtime Kevin Fiala would score 15 seconds into the extra frame to give the Wild the 3-2 victory over the Avalanche.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Winnipeg Jets – 7p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would host the Arizona Coyotes, and in the first period Mark Scheifele would score to give the Jets the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Nick Ritchie would score for the Yotes to force overtime. In the extra frame Scheifele would net his second of the game to give the Jets the 2-1 victory over the Coyotes.
- Florida Panthers v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would take on the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Morgan Rielly would strike for the Leafs and Brandon Montour would score for the Panthers for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Ryan Lomberg would score for the Panthers, but a pair of goals from John Tavares would give the Leafs the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Ilya Mikheyev and Auston Matthews would score to give the Maple Leafs the 5-2 victory over the Panthers.
- Montreal Canadiens v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would host the Montreal Canadiens, and in the first period Jack Hughes would score to give the Devils the 1-0 lead. In the second period Josh Anderson would score for the Habs, but Hughes would net his second of the game to keep the Devils ahead by one. Then in the second period Rem Pitlick would score to tie the game at two to send the game to overtime. After a scoreless extra five minutes of hockey it would be Yegor Sharangovich in the shootout to give the Devils the 3-2 victory over the Canadiens.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Hang on to Beat Habs in Shootout
- CAR v. WAS – 7p ET
- VAN v. STL -730p ET
- BUF v. CHI – 830p ET
- ARI v. EDM – 930p ET
- SEA v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Michael recaps the past week for the Washington Capitals (TXHT)
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens (TXHT)
- Scott recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken (TXHT)
- The TXHT Podcast is back with a two hour special covering the Caps, Rangers, PHF Isobel Cup Playoffs, and Trade Deadline talk (TXHT)
- No trade, no problem: Craig Anderson still ‘enthusiastic’ about gig with Sabres (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.