NHL News and Notes from Friday, March 25th, 2022
- Washington Capitals v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would host the Washington Capitals, and in the first period Anthony Mantha would score for the Caps, but Jeff Skinner would score for the Sabres to tie the game at one. In the second period Skinner would net his second of the game and Victor Olofsson would strike for the Sabres, but goals from Nick Jensen and Alex Ovechkin would tie the game at three for the Caps. Then after a scoreless third period and five minutes of overtime it would be Ovechkin in the shootout to give the Capitals the 4-3 victory over the Sabres.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- The New York Rangers would play host to the Pittsburgh Penguins, and in the first period Alexis Lafreniere, Chris Kreider, and Frank Vatrano would all score to give the Rangers the 3-0 lead. In the second period Kreider would net his second of the game to grow the Rangers lead to four. Then in the third period Jeff Carter would score for the Pens, but Andrew Copp would score as the Rangers would defeat the Penguins 5-1.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would host the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Adam Boqvist would strike for the Jackets, but goals from Dominic Toninato and Kyle Connor would give the Jets the 2-1 lead. In the second period Brendan Gaunce would score for the Jackets, but Josh Morrissey would strike late to keep the Jets ahead by one. Then in the third period Oliver Bjorkstrand would tie the game with 14 seconds left in regulation for the Jackets, but in overtime Nikolaj Ehlers would score to give the Jets the 4-3 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would host the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period James van Riemsdyk would score for the Flyers, but goals from Nazem Kadri, Cale Makar, JT Compher, and Mikko Rantanen would give the Avs the 4-1 lead. In the second period Zack MacEwen would score fort eh Flyers, but Kurtis MacDermid would score to keep the Avs ahead by three. Then in the third period Max Willman would score for the Flyers, but Makar would net his second of the game to give the Avalanche the 6-3 victory over the Flyers.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would host the Arizona Coyotes, and after a scoreless first period Matthew Tkachuk, Elias Lindholm, and Johnny Gaudreau would strike to give the Flames the 3-0 lead. Then in the third period Vladislav Kolyachonok would score for the Coyotes, Rasmus Andersson would score to give the Flames the 4-2 victory over the Coyotes.
- NYI v. BOS – 1230p ET
- TB v. DET – 1230p ET
- CHI v. VGK – 3p ET
- VAN v. DAL – 7p ET
- TOR v. MON – 7p ET
- FLA v. OTT – 7p ET
- NJ v. WAS – 7p ET
- CAR v. STL – 8p ET
- CLB v. MIN – 8p ET
- EDM v. CAL – 10p ET
- SEA v. LA – 1030p ET
- ANA v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Back To The Future (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.