NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, March 23rd, 2022
- The NHL invalidated the Evgenii Dadonov trade between Vegas and Anaheim from Monday.
- Dadonov has a 10 Team No Trade List, but due to potential clerical or communication errors it was not honored when the trade was made.
- Anaheim is on Dadonov’s 10 Team No Trade List.
- The Nashville Predators loaned defenseman Philippe Myers to the Toronto Marlies of the AHL.
- The Marlies are the Toronto Maple Leafs AHL affiliate.
- New Jersey Devils v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would host their annual Next Gen as they would take on the New Jersey Devils, and after a scoreless first period Damon Severson and Nico Hischier would score for the Devils, but goals from Ilya Mikheyev and Mitch Marner would tie the game at two for the Leafs. Then in the third period Pierre Engvall would strike to give the Maple Leafs the 3-1 victory over the Devils.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Buffalo Sabres – 730p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would host the Pittsburgh Penguins, and in the first period Tage Thompson would score for the Sabres to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Zemgus Girgensons would strike for the Sabres, but goals from Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin would score to tie the game at two. Then in the third period Thompson would net his second of the game to give the Sabres the 3-2 lead, but Kris Letang would strike to tie the game at three to force overtime for the Pens. After a scoreless extra frame of hockey it would be Alex Tuch with the shootout winner to give the Sabres the 4-3 victory over the Penguins.
- Vancouver Canucks v. Colorado Avalanche – 930p ET
- In the Mile High City, Colorado hosts Vancouver for the final time on the season and after a scoreless first and second period, Vancouver gets on the board when Brock Boeser nets his 19th of the year. Then, Vancouver takes the 2-0 lead when J.T. Miller nets his 26th of the year but then Colorado comes within a goal when Nazem Kadri scores his 24th of the year. Then, the Canucks seal the win with Bo Horvat’s 24th of the year as Vancouver defeats Colorado 3-1.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim, the Blackhawks and Ducks faceoff for the final time this season and in the first Chicago takes the 1-0 lead when Taylor Raddysh nets his seventh of the year but then Anaheim ties it up when Sam Carrick scores his 10th of the year. In the second, Chicago takes the 2-1 lead after Patrick Kane scores his 20th of the season. In the third, Sam Carrick nets his second of the night to tie the game for the Ducks but then Dylan Strome nets his 18th to give the Blackhawks the 3-2 lead. Chicago seals the victory after Alex DeBrincat scores his 35th of the year to give the Blackhawks the 4-2 win over the Ducks.
- TB v. BOS – 7p ET
- FLA v. MON – 7p ET
- DAL v. CAR – 7p ET
- DET v. NYI – 730p ET
- OTT v. WIN – 8p ET
- PHI v. STL – 8p ET
- VAN v. MIN – 8p ET
- SJ v. EDM – 9p ET
- NAS v. VGK – 10p ET
- CHI v. LA – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: The Dadonov Dilemma (SportsNet)
- Who Will Become The First Woman to Serve as an NHL GM? (The Hockey News)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.