NHL News and Notes from Monday, March 21st, 2022
- For all NHL Trade Deadline deals go to the official TXHT Trade Tracker.
- The Ottawa Senators re-signed goaltender Anton Forsberg
- Forsberg signed a three year deal worth $8.25 million
- Forsberg’s new deal will carry an AAV of $2.75 million per season
- The Boston Bruins re-signed forward Jake DeBrusk
- DeBrusk signed a two year deal worth a $4 million annual cap hit
- DeBrusk is still looking to be traded to another team
- The NHL announced Roman Josi (NAS) as First Star of the Week
- Kyle Connor (WIN) and Lawson Crouse (ARI) would round out the rest of the Three Stars.
- NHL Stars of the Week – Josi’s Assists Earn Top Honors
- The Carolina Hurricanes announced that they have re-signed forward Jesperi Kotkaniemi .
- Kotkaniemi would sign an eight year deal.
- The deal will carry an AAV of $4.82 million per season.
- Boston Bruins v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In an Original Six match-up in Montreal, the Canadiens and Bruins renew their rivalry. In the first period, Boston takes the 1-0 lead when Brad Marchand nets his 26th of the year. In the second, Montreal ties it up when David Savard nets his second of the year. In the third, Montreal takes the 2-1 lead when Joel Armia strikes with a shorthanded goal, his fourth goal of the year but then Boston ties it up when Connor Clifton scores his second of the year. In Overtime, Brad Marchand scores his second of the night just 34 seconds in as the Bruins defeat the Canadiens 3-2.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In Minnesota, the Wild host the Golden Knights. In the first period, Minnesota takes the 1-0 lead when Nicolas Deslauriers nets his sixth of the year. In the third, Matt Dumba nets his fifth of the year to give the Wild the 2-0 advantage and then Minnesota closes the door on the contest when Ryan Hartman scores his 26th of the year as the Wild shutout the Golden Knights 3-0,.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Colorado Avalanche – 930p ET
- In the Mile High City, the Avalanche host the Oilers. In the first, Colorado takes the 1-0 lead when Mikko Rantanen nets his 30th of the year. In the second, Edmonton ties it up when Kailer Yamamoto scores his 16th of the year but then Colorado re-takes the lead when Mikko Rantanen scores his second of the night. Then, Edmonton ties the contest up after Evander Kane scores his 13th of the year. In overtime, Nathan MacKinnon scores his 22nd as the Avalanche down the Oilers 3-2.
- Nashville Predators v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim, the Ducks host the Predators and in the first period, the Ducks take the 1-0 lead when Derek Grant scores his 10th of the year and then the Predators tie it up after Roman Josi nets his 18th of the year. In the second, Ryan Johansen nets his 17th of the year to give the Preds the 2-1 lead but then Troy Terry scores his 30th of the year to make it a 2-2 game. In the third, Nashville goes on to get a pair of goals when Filip Forsberg nets his 34th and then Matt Duchene goes on to score his 33rd of the year. Derek Grant then goes on to net his 11th as the Ducks come with a goal but then Matt Duchene scores his second of the night to give the Preds the 5-3 lead. Then, Nashville seals the win after Filip Forsberg nets his second of the game to give Nashville the 6-3 win over Anaheim.
- NYR v. NJ – 7p ET
- CLB v. PIT – 7p ET
- STL v. WAS – 7p ET
- TB v. CAR – 7p ET
- PHI v. DET – 730p ET
- OTT v. NYI – 730p ET
- VGK v. WIN – 8p ET
- EDM v. DAL – 830p ET
- SJ v. CAL – 9p ET
- SEA v. ARI – 10p ET
- NAS v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Flyers in trade talks for Justin Braun; Fletcher chats about Giroux deal (PHI Hockey Now)
- Riveters place Dabney’s Black Rosie logo in spotlight (Color of Hockey)
- Inside the NHL: Maple Leafs have no choice but to join the deadline party (Toronto Star – $)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.