NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, March 9th, 2022
- The Toronto Maple Leafs re-signed forward Kyle Clifford to a two year contract.
- Clifford’s new deal will carry an AAV of $762,500 per season.
- Washington Capitals v. Edmonton Oilers – 8p ET
- In Edmonton the Washington Capitals would continue their Western Canada trip against the Oilers, and after a scoreless first period Nicklas Backstrom would score, but Kailer Yamamoto and Cody Ceci would score to give the Oilers the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Brad Malone would strike for the Oilers, but TJ Oshie would net a pair of goals to tie the game at three. In overtime Connor McDavid would call game with his 30th goal of the season to give the Oilers the 4-3 victory over the Capitals.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Vancouver Canucks – 1030p ET
- In Vancouver, the Canucks play host to the Canadiens and in the first Montreal takes the 1-0 lead after Artturi Lehkonen nets his 12th of the year but then the Canucks tie it up when Travis Hamonic nets his third of the year. In the second, Brock Boeser nets his 17th of tyear to give Vancouver the 2-1 lead but then the Habs tie it up after Lehkonen scores his second of the night, In the third, Vancouver gets a pair of goals when J.T. Miller scores his 23rd of the night and then Elias Pettersson scores his 18th of the year. Montreal comes within a goal after Rem Pitlick strikes for his 11th of the year but then the Canucks seal the win after Bo Horvat nets hits the empty net to give the Canucks the 5-3 win over the Canadiens.
- CHI v. BOS – 7p ET
- VGK v. BUF – 7p ET
- ARI v. TOR – 7p ET
- SEA v. OTT – 7p ET
- MIN v. DET – 7p ET
- PHI v. FLA – 7p ET
- WIN v. NJ – 7p ET
- COL v. CAR – 7p ET
- CLB v. NYI – 730p ET
- NYR v. STL – 8p ET
- ANA v. NAS – 8p ET
- TB v. CAL – 9p ET
- SJ v. LA – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- 32 Thoughts Blog: Taking a look around the NHL trade market (SportsNet)
- What Role Will Kane, Toews Have in Blackhawks’ Future? (The Hockey News)
- Alex Ovechkin Skates Into Canada’s Dense Ukrainian Enclave (New York Times)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.