NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022
- The San Jose Sharks and Edmonton Oilers made a trade.
- The Sharks acquired goaltender Alex Stalock.
- The Oilers will receive future considerations.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 730p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would take on the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Jacob Bryson would net his first of the season to give the Sabres the 1-0 lead, but Rasmus Sandin would score to tie the game at one. In the second period Victor Olofsson and Tage Thomson would score to give the Sabres the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Jeff Skinner Kyle Okposo would score to give the Sabres the 5-1 victory over the Maple Leafs.
- St. Louis Blues v. New York Rangers – 730p ET
- In New York City the Rangers would play host to the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Alexis Lafreniere would score to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Ryan Strome would score for the Rangers, but goals from Ryan O’Reilly, Ivan Barbashev, and David Perron would give the Blues the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Patrik Nemeth, Chris Kreider, and Artemi Panarin would score to give the Rangers the 5-3 victory over the Blues.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Dallas Stars – 830p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would play host to the Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Phillip Danault would strike to give the Kings the 1-0 lead. In the second period Arthur Kaliyev would net a pair of goals for the Kings, but goals from Luke Glendening, Jason Robertson, Ryan Suter, and Alexander Radulov to give the Stars the 4-3 lead and win over the Kings.
- Nashville Predators v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In the Emerald City, the Predators visit the Kraken and in the first period, Nashville takes the 1-0 lead when Phillip Tomasino nets his eighth of the year. In the second, Nashville takes the 2-0 lead after Matt Duchene nets his 24th of the year but then Seattle gets on the board when Alex Wennberg scores his fifth of the year. Seattle then gets a par of goals when Calle Jarnkrok nets his 11th of the year to tie the game and then the Kraken take the lead after Yanni Gourde nets his 12th of the year. Nashville then ties the game up when Matt Duchene nets his second of the game. In the third, Colin Blackwell scores his sixth of the year to give the Kraken the 4-3 win over the Predators.
- PIT v. TB – 7p ET
- OTT v. FLA – 7p ET
- MIN v. PHI – 7p ET
- CAR v. WAS – 7p ET
- VAN v. NYI – 730p ET
- EDM v. CHI – 830p ET
- BOS v. VGK – 9p ET
- MON v. CAL – 9p ET
- COL v. ARI – 9p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Senators owner Eugene Melnyk pledges support for Ukraine in open letter (Ottawa Sun)
- Zegras “Bruins” The Night For Boston (Ducks N Pucks)
- 32 Thoughts Blog: As sports world restricts Russia, fallout in hockey still unfolding (SportsNet)
- 32 Thoughts Podcast: Meet Juraj Slafkovsky (SportsNet)
TXHT may earn an Affiliate Commission if you purchase something through Cool Hockey ads/links in this article.