NHL News and Notes from Saturday, February 26th, 2022
- Edmonton Oilers v. Florida Panthers – 1230p ET
- In Florida the Panthers would take on the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Derek Ryan would strike for the Oilers, but goals from Anton Lundell and Aleksander Barkov would give the Panthers to take a 2-1 lead. In the second period Ryan would net two goals to complete the hat trick and Leon Draisaitl would score to give the Oilers the 4-2 lead. Then in the third period Barkov would net his second of the game, but the Panthers would fall to the Oilers 4-3.
- Washington Capitals v. Philadelphia Flyers – 1230p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would take on the Washington Capitals, and in the first period Claude Giroux would strike 11 seconds into the game and then late in the period Cam Atkinson to give the Flyers the 2-0 lead. Then in the second period TJ Oshie would strike for the Caps, but a scoreless third period would give the Flyers the 2-1 victory over the Capitals.
- New York Rangers v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 3p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins and New York Rangers would go to battle, and after a scoreless 40 minutes Evgeni Malkin would strike to give the Penguins the 1-0 victory over the Rangers.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would take on the Montreal Canadiens, and in the first period Artturi Lehkonen would score to give the Habs the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Colin White would score for the Sens to tie the game at one, but Lehkonen would strike for his second of the game and to give the Canadiens the 2-1 victory over the Senators.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Nashville Predators – 730p ET – 2022 Stadium Series
- At Nissan Stadium for the 2022 Stadium Series the Nashville Predators would play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Tanner Jeannot would strike to give the Preds the 1-0 lead. In the second period Brayden Point and Nikita Kucherov would score to give the Bolts the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Steven Stamkos would strike to give the Bolts the two goal lead, but Filip Forsberg would strike to get the Peds back within one. However, the Lightning would keep the Predators at bay as they would go on to win 3-2.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Detroit Red Wings – 730p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would take on their Original Six rival Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period William Nylander and Michael Bunting would score to give the Leafs the 2-0 lead. Lucas Raymond would strike for the Wings and then David Kampf would strike to keep the Leafs with the two goal lead at the end of the first. In the second period Sam Gagner would score for the Wings, but Mitch Marner would score a natural hat trick and Auston Matthews would score to give the Leafs the 7-2 lead. Then in the third period we would have an eight goal period as Filip Hronek, Carter Rowney, Joe Veleno, Michael Rasmussen, and Raymond would score for the Wings, but goals from Ilya Mikheyev, Ondrej Kase, and Marner would give the Maple Leafs the 10-7 victory over the Red Wings.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Vegas the Golden Knights would play host to the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Andre Burakovsky would score for the Avs, but goals from Chandler Stephenson and Jonathan Marchessault would give the Knights the 2-1 lead. Then after a scoreless second period JT Compher and Nathan MacKinnon would score to give the Avalanche the 3-2 victory over the Golden Knights.
- Boston Bruins v. San Jose Sharks – 10p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks would host the Boston Bruins, and in the first period Brad Marchand would strike to give the B’s the 1-0 lead. In the second period Timo Meier would score for the Sharks to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Marchand would net his second of the game and Patrice Bergeron would score to give the Bruins the 3-1 victory over the Sharks.
- Minnesota Wild v. Calgary Flames – 10p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would take on the Minnesota Wild, and in the first period Frederick Gaudreau would strike early for the Wild, but goals from Tyler Toffoli, Matthew Tkachuk, and Erik Gudbranson would give the Flames the 3-1 lead. In the second period Andrew Mangiapane and Blake Coleman would score to grow the Flames lead to four, but Anders Lee would strike for the Isles to get them back within three. Then in the third period Nick Bjugstad and Kirill Kaprizov would score for the Wild, but goals from Tkachuk and Toffoli to give them both their second goal of the game to give the Flames the 7-3 victory over the Wild.
- New York Islanders v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In Hollywood the Los Angeles Kings would host the New York Islanders, and in the first period Phillip Danault and Matt Roy would score to give the Kings the 2-0 lead. In the second period Quinton Byfield would score to grow the Kings lead to three. Then in the third period Jean Gabriel Pageau would strike for the Isles, but Trevor More would score as the Kings would go on to defeat the Islanders 5-2.
- EDM v. CAR – 1p ET
- BUF v. DAL – 2p ET
- STL v. CHI – 3p ET
- WIN v. ARI – 4p ET
- PIT v. CLB – 6p ET
- VAN v. NYR – 730p ET
- NYI v. ANA – 830p ET
- SEA v. SJ – 10p ET