NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, February 22nd, 2022
- Nashville Predators v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET
- In Florida the Panthers would play their first home game in 24 days as they hosted the Nashville Predators. In the first period Sam Reinhart would score for the Panthers and Filip Forsberg would strike for the Preds for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Radko Gudas and Aaron Ekblad would strike for the Panthers while Roman Josi and Yakov Trenin would strike for the Preds for the 3-3 tie. then in the third period Sam Bennett would score to give the Panthers the 4-3 lead, but Tanner Jeannot would strike to tie the game at four and Mikael Granlund would score and Jeannot would record another tally to give the Predators the 6-4 victory over the Panthers.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus the Blue Jackets would play host to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period Michael Bunting would score for the Leafs to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Patrik Laine would score for the Jackets, but Auston Matthews would strike to keep the Leafs ahead by one. Then in the third period Adam Boqvist and Brendan Gaunce would score to give the Blue Jackets the 3-2 lead, but Jason Spezza would score to tie the game at three. In overtime Laine would strike for his second of the game to give the Blue Jackets the 4-3 victory over the Maple Leafs.
- Minnesota Wild v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would play host to the Minnesota Wild, and in the first period Thomas Chabot and Brady Tkachuk would score to give the Sens the 2-0 lead. In the second period the Wild would get goals from Kevin Fiala and Jared Spurgeon, but Tim Stutzle would strike to keep the Sens ahead by one. Then in the third period Jon Merrill would score for the Wild, but Chabot’s second of the game would give the Senators the 4-3 victory over the Wild.
- St. Louis Blues v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET
- In Philadelphia the Flyers would host the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period Brayden Schenn would score to put the Blues ahead by one. After a scoreless second period Oskar Lindblom would score for the Flyers, but Vladimir Tarasenko, Ivan Barbashev, and Brandon Saad would strike to give the Blues the 4-1 victory over the Flyers.
- San Jose Sharks v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim, the Sharks visit the Ducks and in the first period Derek Grant nets his eighth to give Anaheim the 1-0 lead. However, San Jose gets a pair of goals when Logan Couture nets his 16th and then Brent Burns nets his fifth to give the Sharks the 2-1 lead. In the second, Anaheim ties it up with Rickard Rakell’s 13th of the year but then San Jose re-takes the lead when Logan Couture nets his second of the night. Then, the Ducks tie it up once more with Rakell’s second of the night. In the shootout, Trevor Zegras scores the lone goal as the Ducks get the 4-3 win over the Sharks.
- New York Islanders v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In the Emerald City, the Islanders make their first trip to Seattle to take on the Kraken and in the first the Isles get a pair of goals when Brock Nelson nets his 18th and then Zach Parise nets his fifth. In the second, Kyle Palmieri scores his fifth and then Casey Cizikas scores fifth as New York takes the 4-0 lead. Seattle gets on the board when Yanni Gourde scores his 11th of the year. In the third, Riley Sheahan scores his second of the year to bring Seattle within two but the Islanders seal the 5-2 win after Zach Parise scores his second of the night.
- WIN v. DAL – 730p ET
- COL v. DET – 730p ET
- EDM v. TB – 730p ET
- BUF v. MON – 730p ET
- LA v. ARI – 10p ET