NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, February 15th, 2022
- Pittsburgh Penguins forward Sidney Crosby scored his 500th career NHL goal against the Philadelphia Flyers.
- St. Louis Blues v. Ottawa Senators – 7p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would play host to the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period both teams would trade goals as Brayden Schenn would open the scoring for the Blues and Tim Stutzle would strike for the Sens for the 1-1 tie. In the second period Parker Kelly would score for the Sens, but goals from Vladimir Tarasenko and Robert Thomas would score to give the Blues the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Oskar Sundqvist and Tarasenko would score to give the Blues the 5-2 victory over the Senators.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would host the Philadelphia Flyers for another round of the Battle of Pennsylvania, and in the first period Claude Giroux would score for the Flyers, but Dominik Simon would score and Sidney Crosby would net his 500th career NHL goal to give the Pens the 2-1 lead. In the third period Scott Laughton, Nick Seeler, and Justin Braun would score to give the Flyers the 4-2 lead. Then in the third period Jake Guentzel and Chad Ruhwedel would score to tie the game at four, and then in overtime Kris Letang would score to give the Penguins the 5-4 victory over the Flyers.
- New York Islanders v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would host the New York Islanders, and in the first period Kyle Okposo would open the scoring for the Sabres, but Kyle Palmieri would strike for the Isles to tie the game at one. In the third period Anders Lee would score for the Isles, but Tage Thompson and Alex Tuch would score to give the Sabres the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Palmieri would net his second of the game for the Isles, but a pair of goals from Victor Olofsson and a tally from Henri Jokiharju would give the Sabres the 6-3 victory over the Islanders.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would play host to the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Pat Maroon would score for the Bolts, but goals from Dawson Mercer and Yegor Sharangovich would give the Devils the 2-1 lead. In the second period Jack Hughes would strike for the Devils, but goals from Steven Stamkos and Alex Killorn would tie the game at three for the Bolts. Then in the third period Victor Hedman, Nikita Kucherov, and Pierre-Edouard Bellemare would score to give the Lightning the 6-3 victory over the Devils.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Fall Against Lightning
- Boston Bruins v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host their Original Six rival Boston Bruins, and in the first period Charlie Coyle would strike to give the B’s the 1-0 lead. then after a scoreless second period Filip Chytil would score to tie the game at one for the Rangers. After a score overtime period the game would go to a nine round shootout that would see K’Andre Miller score to give the Rangers the 2-1 victory.
- Washington Capitals v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would host the Washington Capitals, and in the first period Joe Snively would score to give the Caps the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Michael McCarron would score to tie the game at one, but a goal from Nick Jenson and a pair of goals from Alex Ovechkin (30th and 31st of the season) would give the Capitals the 4-1 victory over the Predators.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would host the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Adam Boqvist would score for the Jackets, but goals from Erik Gudbranson and Elias Lindholm would give the Flames the 2-1 lead. In the second period Matthew Tkachuk and Dillon Dube would strike to grow the Flames lead to three. In the third, Adam Ruzicka nets his fourth to make it a 5-1 Flames lead and then Columbus cuts the lead by three when Zach Werenski nets his seventh of the year. Calgary then shuts the door on the contest when Tyler Toffoli nets his 10th of the year as the Flames get the 6-2 win over the Blue Jackets.
- Dallas Stars v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would host the Dallas Stars, and in the first period Joe Pavelski would score on the powerplay to give the Stars the 1-0 lead. In the second period Nathan MacKinnon would strike for the Avs, but Jason Robertson and Pavelski would score to give the Stars the 3-1 lead. In the third, the Stars seal the win after Tyler Seguin scores his 16th of the year giving Dallas the 4-1 win over Colorado.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Los Angeles Kings – 1030p ET
- In the City of Angels, the Oilers face off against the Kings and in the first period Arthur Kaliyev nets his ninth of the year to give Los Angeles the 1-0 lead. In the second, Edmonton ties it up when Connor McDavid nets his 25th of the year. In the third, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scores his seventh top give the Oilers the 2-1 lead but then Phillip Danault scores his 13th to make it a 2-2 game. Edmonton re-takes the lead after Kailer Yamamoto scores his ninth of the year and then Zach Hyman nets his 15th of the year to give Edmonton the two goal lead. Evander Kane then sealed the win for Edmonton with his third of the year to give the Oilers the 5-2 win over the Kings.
- MIN v. WIN – 7p ET
- FLA v. CAR – 730p ET
- ANA v. CAL – 930p ET
- COL v. VGK – 10p ET