NHL News and Notes from Sunday, February 13th, 2022
- The NHL Department of Player Safety announced that they suspended Ottawa Senators forward Austin Watson.
- Watson was suspended two games for interference against Boston Bruins defenseman Jack Ahcan on Saturday night.
- Per the CBA and based on his average annual salary, Watson will forfeit $15,000.
- The Montreal Canadiens announced that they have placed defenseman Ben Chiarot on injured reserved due to a lower body injury.
- Ottawa Senators v. Washington Capitals – 1230p ET
- In Washington it would be a battle of the two nation’s capitals as the Capitals host the Ottawa Senators, and in the first period Alex Formenton would strike shorthanded and Adam Gaudette would score for the Sens to take the 2-0 lead. In the second period Nicklas Backstrom would score on the powerplay for the Caps, but Brady Tkachuk would score to keep the Sens ahead by two. Then in the third period Connor Brown would score to give the Senators the 4-1 victory over the Capitals.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Montreal Canadiens – 1230p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would host the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Jeff Skinner would score to give the Sabres the 1-0 lead. In the second period Skinner would net his second of the game and Tage Thompson would score for the Sabres, but goals from Michael Hoffman, Jeff Petry, and Joel Armia would tie the game at three. Then in the third period Skinner would score two more goals to give the Sabres the 5-3 victory over the Canadiens.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. New Jersey Devils – 130p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would host the Pittsburgh Penguins, and after a scoreless first period Jack Hughes would score for the Devils and Mike Matheson would strike for the Pens for a 1-1 tie. Then in the third period Nico Hischier would score for the Devils, but goals by Bryan Rust, Brian Boyle, and Jake Guentzel would give the Penguins the 4-2 victory over the Devils.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Not Super Against the Penguins
- Colorado Avalanche v. Dallas Stars – 2p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would host the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Gabriel Landeskog and Nazem Kadri would score to give the Avs the 2-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Nicolas Aube-Kubel would score and Landeskog would net his second of the game to give the Avalanche the 4-0 victory over the Stars.
- DET v. MIN – 8p ET
- TOR v. SEA – 9p ET
- CHI v. WIN – 9p ET
- EDM v. SJ – 1030p ET