NHL News and Notes from Saturday, February 12th, 2022
- The Montreal Canadiens and Minnesota Wild made a trade.
- The Canadiens acquired goaltender Andrew Hammond
- The wild acquired forward Brandon Baddock
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Detroit Red Wings – 12p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would host the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period Tyler Bertuzzi would score for the Wings to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Keith Yandle would score for the Flyers on the powerplay, but Filip Zadina would strike to keep the Wings ahead by one. Then in the third period Scott Laughton would score for the Flyers, but goals from Moritz Seider and Michael Rasmussen would give the Red Wings the 4-2 victory over the Flyers.
- Boston Bruins v. Ottawa Senators – 1230p ET
- In Ottawa the Senators would host the Boston Bruins, and in the first period Trent Frederic and Curtis Lazar would both score to give the Bruins the 2-0 victory over the Senators.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Montreal Canadiens – 1230p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would play host to the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Oliver Bjorkstrand would strike to give the Jackets the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Cole Caufield would strike for the Habs, but Patrik Laine would score with eight seconds left in regulation to give the Blue Jackets the 2-1 victory over the Canadiens.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Vancouver Canucks – 7p ET
- In Vancouver the Canucks would play host to the Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period JT Miller and Brock Boeser would score to give the Canucks the 2-0 lead. In the second period Auston Matthews and Ondrej Kase would score to tie the game at two for the Leafs, but Juho Lammikko would score to give the Canucks the 3-2 victory over the Maple Leafs.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Nashville Predators – 7p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would host the Winnipeg Jets, and in the first period Mark Scheifele would strike for the Jets, but goals from Mikael Granlund and Matt Duchene would score to give the Preds the 2-1 lead. In the second period Kyle Connor would score to tie the game at two. Then in the third period Blake Wheeler would score a pair of goals, and Pierre-Luc Dubois would score to give the Jets the 5-2 victory over the Predators.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In Minnesota the Wild would host the Carolina Hurricanes, and after a scoreless first period Kevin Fiala would score to give the Wild a 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Andrei Svechnikov would net a pair of goals for the Canes, but goals from Kirill Kaprizov and Frederick Gaudreau would give the Wild the 3-2 victory over the Hurricanes.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would host the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period David Perron and Dakota Joshua would score to give the Blues the 2-0 lead. In the second period Dylan Strome would score for the Blackhawks, but Vladimir Tarasenko would score to keep the Blues ahead by two. Then in the third period Oskar Sundqvist and Jordan Kyrou would score to give the Blues the 5-1 victory over the Blackhawks.
- New York Islanders v. Calgary Flames – 10p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would play host to the New York Islanders, and in the first period Adam Ruzicka would score to give the Flames the 1-0 lead, but Noah Dobson would score to tie the game at one for the Isles. However, before the first period would end Chris Tanev would score to reclaim the 2-1 lead for the Flames. In the second period Jean-Gabriel Pageau would strike for the Isles, but Andrew Mangiapane would score to keep the Flames ahead by one. Then in the third period Erik Gudbranson and Elias Lindholm would score to give the Flames the 5-2 victory over the Islanders.
- OTT v. WAS – 1230p ET
- BUF v. MON – 1230p ET
- PIT v. NJ – 130p ET
- COL v. DAL – 2p ET