NHL News and Notes from Friday, February 11th, 2022
- The Philadelphia Flyers announced that forward Sean Couturier will miss the rest of the season due to back surgery.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Dallas Stars – 830p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would play host to the Winnipeg Jets, and after a scoreless first period Pierre-Luc Dubois and Jansen Harkins would score for the Jets the, but Jacob Peterson and Tyler Seguin would strike for the Stars for the 2-2 tie. Then in the third period Mark Scheifele and Jamie Benn would both score as this game would go to overtime tied at three, but in the extra frame Jason Robertson would score to give the Stars the 4-3 victory over the Jets.
- New York Islanders v. Edmonton Oilers – 9p ET
- In Edmonton the Oilers would host the New York Islanders for Jay Woodcroft’s first game behind the Oilers bench, and in the first period Cody Ceci would score to give the Oilers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Anthony Beauvillier would score for the Isles, but Zach Hyman would strike to keep the Oilers ahead by one. Then in the third period Jesse Puljujarvi would score to give the Oilers the 3-1 victory over the Islanders.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Arizona Coyotes – 930p ET
- In Arizona the Coyotes would host the Tampa Bay Lightning, and in the first period Alex Galchenyuk would strike for the Coyotes, but Brayden Point and Corey Perry would score to give the Bolts the 2-1 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Clayton Keller and Nick Schmaltz would score for the Coyotes, but a pair of goals by Steven Stamkos would give the Lightning the 4-3 victory over the Coyotes.
- Seattle Kraken v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would host the Seattle Kraken, and in the first period Isac Lundestrom would score for the Ducks, but goals from Ryan Donato and Vince Dunn would score to give the Kraken the 2-1 lead. In the second period Donato would net his second of the game for the Kraken, but Lundestrom’s second of the game and a tally from Rikard Rakell would tie the game at three for the Ducks. Then in the third period Jordan Eberle would score to give the Kraken the 4-3 victory over the Ducks.
- PHI v. DET – 12p ET
- BOS v. OTT – 1230p ET
- CLB v. MON – 1230p ET
- TOR v. VAN – 7p ET
- WIN v. NAS – 7p ET
- CAR v. MIN – 8p ET
- CHI v. STL – 8p ET
- NYI v. CAL – 10p ET