NHL News and Notes from Sunday, January 30th, 2022
- Seattle Kraken v. New York Rangers – 1p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Seattle Kraken for the first time, and in the first period Mika Zibanejad would strike on the powerplay to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jared McCann would score for the Kraken, but Alexis Lafreniere would score to keep the Rangers ahead by one. Then in the third period Yanni Gourde would score to tie the game at two, but K’Andre Miller would score with 34 seconds left in regulation to give the Rangers the 3-2 victory over the Kraken.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 1p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would play host to the Los Angeles Kings, and after a scoreless first period Sidney Crosby would score for the Pens, but goals from Alex Iafallo, Trevor Moore, and Drew Doughty would give the Kings the 3-1 lead. Then in the third period Bryan Rust would net a pair of goals for the Pens, but Moore’s second of the game would give the Kings the 4-3 victory over the Penguins.
- San Jose Sharks v. Carolina Hurricanes – 5p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes would host the San Jose Sharks, and in the first period Vincent Trocheck would score for the Canes to take the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Rudolfs Balcers would strike to tie the game at one for the Sharks, but Andrei Svechnikov would strike late in regulation to give the Hurricanes the 2-1 victory over the Sharks.
- Boston Bruins v. Dallas Stars – 7p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would play host to the Boston Bruins, and in the first period Tyler Seguin and Alexander Radulov would strike to give the Stars the 2-0 lead. In the second period Luke Glendening and Jamie Benn would score to grow the Dallas lead to four. Then in the third period Craig Smith would score for the B’s, but Roope Hintz and Seguin would score to give the Stars the 6-1 victory over the Bruins.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would play host to the Columbus Blue Jackets, and in the first period Nick Suzuki would strike for the Habs, but Patrik Laine, Jack Roslovic, Eric Robinson, and Yegor Chinakov would score to give the Jackets the 4-1 lead. In the second period Tyler Toffoli would score for the Habs to cut the Jackets lead to two. Then in the third period Artturi Lehkonen would score for the Habs, but Cole Sillinger and Laine would score to give the Blue Jackets the 6-3 victory over the Canadiens.
- Minnesota wild v. New York Islanders – 730p ET
- At UBS Arena the New York Islanders would host the Minnesota Wild, and in the first period Brandon Duhaime and Joel Eriksson Ek would score to give the Wild the 2-0 lead, but Brock Nelson would score to get the Isles back within one. In the second period Ross Johnston would score for the Isles, but Matt Boldy would score to keep the Wild ahead by one. Then in the third period Kirill Kaprizov would score to give the Wild the 4-2 lead. Oliver Wahlstrom would score for the Isles, but the Wild would hold on to defeat the Islanders 4-3.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Colorado Avalanche – 8p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would take on the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period Gabriel Landeskog would score to give the Avs the 1-0 lead. In the second period Dylan Cozens would score for the Sabres, but Nazem Kadri and Mikko Rantanen would score to give the Avs the two goal lead. Then in the third period Valeri Nichushkin would score to give the Avalanche the 4-1 victory over the Sabres.
- FLA v. CLB – 7p ET
- VAN v. CHI – 730p ET
- NJ v. TOR – 730p ET
- EDM v. OTT – 730p ET
- ANA v. DET – 730p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Michael recaps the past week for the Washington Capitals (TXHT)
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens (TXHT)
- The Flyers are ‘not in any way’ satisfied after getting their first win in the month of January (Philadelphia Inquirer)
- Scott recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken (TXHT)