NHL News and Notes from Sunday, December 12th, 2021
- The Washington Capitals re-assigned goaltender Zach Fucale to Hershey of the AHL.
- Anaheim Ducks v. St. Louis Blues – 7p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues would host the Anaheim Ducks, and in the first period Buddy Robinson would score to give the Ducks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Oskar Sundqvist would score to tie the game at one for the Blues. Then in the third period Nathan Walker would score to give the Blues the lead, but Troy Terry would strike to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Terry would net his second of the game to give the Ducks the 3-2 victory over the Blues.
- Nashville Predators v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Nashville Predators, and after a scoreless first period Philip Tomasino would score to give the Predators the 1-0 victory over the Rangers
- Florida Panthers v. Colorado Avalanche – 8p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would host the Florida Panthers, and after a scoreless 39 minutes of action Andre Burakovsky would score to give the Avs the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Burakovsky would net his second of the game for the Avs, but goals from Joe Thornton and Brandon Montour would tie the game at two for the Panthers. However, Burakovsky would complete the hat trick to give the Avalanche the 3-2 victory over the Panthers.
- Minnesota Wild v. Vegas Golden Knights – 9p ET
- In Vegas the Golden Knights would take on the Minnesota Wild, and in the first period Zach Whitecloud would score to give the Knights the 1-0 lead, but Alex Goligoski would score to tie the game at one. Evgenii Dadonov would score late in the period to give the Knights the 2-1 lead, but Mats Zuccarello would score on the powerplay with less than a second left to tie the game at two to enter the first intermission. In the second period Nick Bjugstad would score 9 seconds into the period for the Wild, but Whitecloud’s second of the game would tie the game at three for the Knights, and then Max Pacioretty would score to give the Knights the lead. In the third, Marcus Foligno nets his 13th to tie the game once again. Vegas gets the lead for good after Mark Stone nets his fourth of the year and Alex Pietrangelo nets his fifth as the Golden Knights get the 6-4 win over the Wild.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver, the Hurricanes look to escape Vancouver with the win. In the first period, Brock Boeser nets his seventh to give the Canucks the 1-0 lead. In the second, Elias Pettersson strikes for his fifth of the year to give the ‘Nucks the 2-0 lead. In the third, Martin Necas nets his seventh of the year but the Canes comeback is not enough as they fall to the Canucks 2-1.
- CAL v. CHI – 730p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Scott recaps the past week for the Seattle Kraken (TXHT)
- Dickson recaps the past week for the Montreal Canadiens (TXHT)
- Michael recaps the past week for the Washington Capitals (TXHT)
- With lots to consider, NHL players set to receive new Olympic protocols (HNIC)
- Bondra talks Capitals, Ovechkin chasing Gretzky in sit-down with NHL.com (NHL)
- Russell recaps the past week for the New York Rangers (TXHT)
- Exploring the Coyotes’ interim arena options (Go PHNX)