NHL News and Notes from Friday, December 10th, 2021
- The Washington Capitals recalled goaltender Zach Fucale from Hershey of the AHL.
- New York Rangers v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would host the New York Rangers, and in the first period Mika Zibanejad would strike on the powerplay to give the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period Alexis Lafreniere would score to grow the Rangers lead to two. Then in the third period Brett Murray would score for the Sabres, but the Rangers would on to win the game 2-1.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the Capitals and Pittsburgh Penguins would renew their rivalry, and in the first period Danton Heinen would score late in the period to give the Pens the 1-0 lead. In the second period Brock McGinn and Kasperi Kapanen would score to grow the Pens lead to three. Then in the third period Evgeny Kuznetsov and Lars Eller would score for the Caps, but Jeff Carter would get the empty netter to give the Penguins the 4-2 victory over the Capitals.
- Nashville Predators v. New Jersey Devils – 730p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would host the Nashville Predators, and after a scoreless first period Pavel Zacha would score for the Devils, but goals from Roman Josi and Eeli Tolvanen would give the Preds the 2-1 lead. Then in the third period Yegor Sharangovich would strike for the Devils, but Yakov Trenin would score to give the Predators the 3-2 victory.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In Colorado the Avalanche would remain an offensive juggernaut as they host the Detroit Red Wings. In the first period Vladislav Namestnikov would score for the Wings, but goals from JT Compher, Andre Burakovsky, and Darren Helm would give the Avs the 3-1 lead. Then in the second period Joe Veleno and Filip Hronek would score for the Wings, but goals from Nathan MacKinnon, Burakovsky, and Samuel Girard would keep the Avs in the lead by the score of 6-3. In the third period Cale Makar would score to give the Avalanche the 7-3 victory over the Red Wings.
- Florida Panthers v. Arizona Coyotes – 9p ET
- In Arizona all the action would happen in the first period between the Coyotes and Florida Panthers. In the opening twenty minutes Phil Kessel would strike on the powerplay for the Coyotes, but goals from Patric Hornqvist, Sam Bennett, and Sam Reinhart would give the Panthers the 3-1 victory.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver the Canucks would take on the Winnipeg Jets, and in the first period Blake Wheeler would score for the Jets, but a pair of goals from Nils Hoglander would give the Canucks the 2-1 lead. In the second period Connor Garland would score for the Canucks , but goals from Kyle Connor and Mark Scheifele would tie the game at three. Then after a scoreless third period and extra hockey it would be Elias Pettersson would score in the shootout to give the Canucks the 4-3 victory over the Jets.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Vegas the Golden Knights would host the Philadelphia Flyers, and in the first period Kevin Hayes would strike for the Flyers, and William Karlsson would strike for the Knights. In the second period Max Willman would score for the Flyers, and Max Pacioretty would score for the Knights. Then in the third period Pacioretty would score his second of the game for the Knights, but goals from Sean Couturier and James van Riemsdyk would give the Flyers the 4-3 victory over the Golden Knights.
- TB v. OTT – 1p ET
- MON v. STL – 7p ET
- WAS v. BUF – 7p ET
- CHI v. TOR – 7p ET
- ANA v. PIT – 7p ET
- NJ v. NYI – 730p ET
- PHI v. ARI – 9p ET
- CLB v. SEA – 10p ET
- BOS v. CAL – 10p ET
- CAR v. EDM – 10p ET
- MIN v. LA – 1030p ET
- DAL v. SJ – 1030p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- LeBrun: NHL vows to bolster inclusion efforts, approves Penguins sale, more on Day 1 of Board of Governors meetings (The Athletic – $)
- Rakell Lifts Ducks To Victory In Shootout (DucksNPucks)
- Lazerus: The Blackhawks are holding Dylan Strome to a different standard (The Athletic – $)
- Insider Trading: NHL participation in Olympics, future of Coyotes headline Day 2 of BOG meetings (TSN)
- LeBrun: Gary Bettman’s future, an Olympic update and more from the Board of Governors meeting (The Athletic – $)
- Insider Trading: Will the World Cup of Hockey make a return soon? (TSN)