NHL News and Notes from Friday, December 3rd, 2021
- The Chicago Blackhawks announced that forward Tyler Johnson is out for three months.
- Johnson had Artificial Disc Replacement neck surgery.
- San Jose Sharks v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the San Jose Sharks would continue their New York trip as they took on the Rangers. In the first period we would get the only goal of the game as Ryan Strome would score on the powerplay to give the Rangers the 1-0 victory over the Sharks.
- New Jersey Devils v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would take on the New Jersey Devils, and in the first period Damon Severson and Jack Hughes would score for the Devils, but goals from Mark Scheifele, Nikolaj Ehlers, and Kristian Vesalainen would give the Jets the 3-2 lead. In the second period Nico Hischier and Ryan Graves would score for the Devils, but Ehlors and Scheifele’s second goals of the game, and a tally from Josh Morrissey would give the Jets the 6-4 lead. Then in the third period Scheifele would complete the hat trick and Adam Lowry would score to give the Jets the 8-4 victory over the Devils.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Arizona Coyotes – 930p ET
- In Arizona the Coyotes would host the Vegas Golden Knights, and in the first period Travis Boyd would score for the Coyotes, but goals from Jonathan Marchessault and Max Pacioretty would give the Knights the 2-1 lead. In the second period Pacioretty would net his second of the game, plus goals from Chandler Stephenson, Michael Amadio, Evgenii Dadonov would give the Knights the 6-1 lead. Then in the third period Nicolas Roy would score to give the Golden Knights the 7-1 victory over the Coyotes.
- Calgary Flames v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim the Ducks would host the Calgary Flames, and after a scoreless first period Sonny Milano and Rikard Rakell would score for the Ducks, but goals from Blake Coleman, Elias Lindholm, and Sean Monahan would give the Flames the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period Vinni Lettieri would score to tie the game and three and force the game into overtime for the Ducks. After a score five minutes of extra hockey it would be Matthew Tkachuk with the clincher in the shootout to give the Flames the 4-3 victory over the Ducks.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would host the Edmonton Oilers, and int he first period Leon Draisaitl would score for the Oilers, but goals from Yanni Gourde and Adam Larsson would give the Kraken the 2-1 lead. In the second period Evan Bouchard would score for the Oilers, but goals from Colin Blackwell and Alex Wennberg would give the Kraken a 4-2 lead. Theni n the third period Connor McDavid would score, but the Oilers would fall 4-3 to the Kraken.
- STL v. FLA – 1p ET
- MON v. NAS – 7p ET
- TOR v. MIN – 7p ET
- TB v. BOS – 7p ET
- COL v. OTT – 7p ET
- NYI v. DET – 7p ET
- CLB v. WAS – 7p ET
- BUF v. CAR – 730p ET
- CHI v. NYR – 8p ET
- PIT v. VAN – 10p ET