NHL News and Notes from Sunday, November 21st, 2021
- The Washington Capitals recalled forward Brett Leason from Hershey of the AHL.
- The Capitals also re-assigned forward Garrett Pilon to Hershey.
- Minnesota Wild v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 5p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would play host to the Minnesota Wild, and in the first period Marcus Foligno would score for the Wild, but goals from Anthony Cirelli and Pat Maroon would give the Lightning the 2-1 lead. In the second period Brandon Duhaime would score to tie the game at two for the Wild, but Cirelli would net his second of the game to retake the one goal lead for the Bolts. Then in the third period Alex Barre-Boulet would score to give the Lightning the 4-2 lead, but Kevin Fiala and Joel Eriksson Ek would score for the Wild to tie the game at four and force overtime. After a scoreless extra five minutes of hockey, it would be Steven Stamkos in the shootout to give the Lightning the 5-4 victory over the Wild.
- Buffalo Sabres v. New York Rangers – 6p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period both teams would trade powerplay goals as Rasmus Asplund and Chris Kreider would score for their respective teams. In the second period Vinnie Hinostroza would strike early for the Sabres, but Jacob Trouba would score to tie the game at two for the Rangers. However, Tage Thompson and Rasmus Dahlin would score for the Sabres, and Kaapo Kakko and Kevin Miller would strike for the Rangers for a 4-4 tie. Then in the third period Ryan Lindgren would strike to give the Rangers the 5-4 victory over the Sabres.
- Calgary Flames v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would play host to the Calgary Flames, and in the first period Johnny Gaudreau would score to give the Flames the 1-0 lead. In the second period Noah Hanafin would score for the Flames to grow their lead to two. Then in the third period Andrew Mangiapane and Mikael Backlund would score to give the Flames the 4-0 victory over the Bruins.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. New York Islanders – 730p ET
- In Long Island the New York Islanders would host the Toronto Maple Leafs, and in the first period Mitch Marner would score shorthanded to give the Leafs the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Ondrej Kase would score and Marner’s second of the game would give the Leafs the 3-0 victory over the Islanders.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Vancouver Canucks – 8p ET
- In Vancouver the Canucks would play host to the Chicago Blackhawks, and after a scoreless 40 minutes of play Brandon Hagel would score to give the Blackhawks the 1-0 victory over the Canucks.
- Washington Capitals v. Seattle Kraken – 9p ET
- For the first time the Washington Capitals would travel to Seattle to take on the Kraken, and in the first period Tom Wilson would score to give the Caps the 1-0 lead, but Jared McCann would strike on the powerplay to tie the game at one. In the second while playing with the extra man while on a delayed penalty Jaden Schwartz would score to give the Kraken the 2-1 lead, and then Adam Larsson and Calle Jarnkrok would strike to grow the Kraken’s lead to three. Then in the third period Alex Ovechkin would net goal 745 to get the Capitals back within two, but despite their late charge in the final five minutes of the game it would be Yanni Gourde with the empty netter to give the Kraken the 5-2 victory over the Capitals.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET
- In Los Angeles the Kings would play host to the Arizona Coyotes, and after a scoreless first period Brendan Lemieux would score to give the Kings the 1-0 lead. Travis Boys scores his third of the year to tie the game for the Coyotes. In the overtime session, Kyle Capobianco nets his second of the season as Arizona gets the 2-1 win over the Kings.
- CLB v. BUF – 7p ET
- VGK v. STL – 8p ET
- ANA v. NAS – 8p ET
- OTT v. COL – 830p ET
- PIT v. WIN – 830p ET
- CAR v. SJ – 1030p ET