NHL News and Notes from Friday, November 19th, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced they have suspended San Jose Sharks forward Kevin Lebanc.
- Lebanc has been suspended for one game for slew footing St. Louis Blues forward Tyler Bozak on Thursday night.
- Lebanc will forfeit $23,625 in salary per the terms of the CBA and based on his average annual salary.
- The NHL has rescheduled the Ottawa Senators at the New Jersey Devils for Monday, December 6th, 2021 at 7p ET.
- The game will take place at the Prudential Center.
- The game was originally scheduled for November 16th, but was postponed due to COVID-19 protocols.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver the Canucks would host the Winnipeg Jets, and a little past the midway point of the first period Oliver Ekman-Larsson would strike on the powerplay to give the Canucks the 1-0 lead. In the second period Kyle Burroughs would score to grow the Canucks lead to two, but Nikolaj Ehlers would strike to bring the Jets back within one. However, Conor Garland would score on the powerplay to give the Canucks the two goal lead. Then in the third period Pierre-Luc Dubois would score for the Jets, but the Canucks would hold on for the 3-2 victory.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Seattle Kraken – 10p ET
- In Seattle the Kraken would play host to the Colorado Avalanche, and in the first period Andre Burakovsky would strike on the powerplay and Valeri Nichushkin would score while shorthanded to give the Avs the early 2-0 lead. In the second period Cale Makar would net a pair, Burakovsky would score his second of the game, and Erik Johnson would score to give the Avs the commanding 6-0 lead. Then in the third period Jordan Eberle, Branden Tanev, and Colin Blackwell would score for the Kraken, but Nicolas Aube-Kubel’s first as a member of the Avalanche would give the Avs the 7-3 victory.
- NYR v. OTT – Postponed
- CAR v. LA – 4p ET
- NJ v. TB – 4p ET
- MIN v. FLA – 6p ET
- PIT v. TOR – 7p ET
- NAS v. MON – 7p ET
- CAL v. NYI – 7p ET
- BOS v. PHI – 7p ET
- DET v. ARI – 8p ET
- STL v. DAL – 8p ET
- CLB v. VGK – 10p ET
- CHI v. EDM – 10p ET
- WAS v. SJ – 1030p ET – Kassie’s TXHT Preview
Noteworthy in Hockey
- The Maple Leafs’ confidence started with a comeback in Chicago. (Toronto Star – $)
- Canes Win 2-1 In Goaltending Battle. (DucksNPucks)
- Don Granato’s accessibility to Sabres players ‘a huge asset’. (Buffalo Hockey Beat)
- Marc Bergevin on the Canadiens’ struggles, his future, Carey Price and the Blackhawks scandal. (The Athletic – $)