NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, November 9th, 2021
- Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price opened up about his mental health issues.
- The Anaheim Ducks have announced that they have placed General Manager and Executive Vice President Bob Murray on administrative leave.
- Currently there is ongoing investigation regarding improper professional conduct.
- Jeff Solomon will be interim general manager while the investigation continues.
- Ottawa Senators v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would play host to the Ottawa Senators, and in the first period Zach Sanford would net his first as a Senator to give them the 1-0 lead. then in the second period Nikita Zaitsev would score for the Sens, but goals from Brad Marchand, Derek Forbort, and Patrice Bergeron would give the Bs the 3-2 victory.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- In Montreal the Canadiens would host the Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Ben Chiarot would score to give the Habs the 1-0 lead. In the second period Brendan Lemieux would score his first of the season to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Alex Iaffalo would score six seconds into the period to give the Kings the 2-1 lead, but Jake Evans would score to tie the game at two. In overtime Adrian Kempe would score to give the Kings the 3-2 victory over the Canadiens.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lighting would take on the Carolina Hurricanes, and after a scoreless first period Steven Stamkos would score to give the Bolts the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Teuvo Teravainen would score a powerplay goal to tie the game at one for the Canes. In overtime the Hurricanes would take it after Martin Necas would score to give them the 2-1 victory over the Lightning.
- Florida Panthers v. New Jersey Devils – 7p ET
- In New Jersey the Devils would look to tame the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Sam Bennett would score for the Panthers, but goals from Andreas Johnsson and Nico Hischier would give the Devils the 2-1 lead. In the second period Aleksander Barkov and Owen Tippett would score for the Panthers, but Johnsson’s second of the game and a tally from PK Subban would keep the Devils ahead by one. Then in the third period Pavel Zacha, Ty Smith, and Jimmy Vesey would score to give the Devils the 7-3 victory over the Panthers.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Devils Tame the Panthers 7-3
- Edmonton Oilers v. Detroit Red Wings – 730p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would host the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Vladislav Namestnikov would score for the Wings to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Jesse Puljujarvi would score to get the Oilers on the boards, but Namestnikov’s second of the game and Dylan Larkin’s goal would give the Wings the two goal lead. Then in the third period Connor McDavid would score to bring the Oilers back within one, but a goal from Moritz Seider would give the Red Wings the 4-2 victory over the Oilers.
- St. Louis Blues v. Winnipeg Jets – 8p ET
- In Winnipeg the Jets would go retro against the St. Louis Blues, and in the first period it would be the Blues striking first with a Pavel Buchnevich powerplay goal. In the second period Neal Pionk would score to tie the game at one for the Jets. Then in the third period Kyle Connor would score to give the Jets the 2-1 lead, but Jordan Kyrou would score to tie the game at two to send the game to overtime. After a scoreless five minutes of extra hockey it would be Ryan O’Reilly in the shootout to give the Blues the 3-2 victory over the Jets.
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. Chicago Blackhawks – 830p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks would play host to the Pittsburgh Penguins, and after a scoreless first period Jujhar Khaira and Seth Jones would both score to give the Blackhawks the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Jeff Carter would score a pair of goals to get the Penguins on the board to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. After a scoreless five minutes of overtime hockey it would be Alex DeBrincat clinching it in the shootout to give the Blackhawks the 3-2 victory over the Penguins.
- San Jose Sharks v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Calgary the Flames would host the San Jose Sharks, and after a scoreless first period Alexander Barabanov would score to give the Sharks the 1-0 lead, but Milan Lucic would score 30 seconds later to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Logan Couture, Tomas Hertl, and Jonathan Dahlen would score for the Sharks to take the 4-1 victory over the Flames.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver the Anaheim Ducks would come to town to take on the Canucks, and in the first period Cam Fowler would score on the powerplay to give the Ducks the 1-0 lead. In the third Isac Lundestrom scores his third to give the Ducks the 2-0 lead. Vancouver then gets a pair of goals when J.T. Miller and Elias Pettersson score to make it a 2-2 game. In the overtime session, Troy Terry scores his ninth as the Ducks take the 3-2 win over the Canucks.
- Seattle Kraken v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Vegas the Seattle Kraken would look to avenge their loss to the Golden Knights on opening night, and in the first period Jordan Eberle would score on the powerplay to give the Kraken the 1-0 lead, but Alex Pietrangelo would score to tie the game at one. In the second period Yanni Gourde would score with 31 seconds left in the period to give the Kraken the 2-1 lead, but Evgenii Dadonov scores his third to make it a 2-2 game. In the third, Vegas takes the 3-2 lead 30 seconds into the period when Reilly Smith scores his third. Then Smith gets his second of the night as the Golden Knights go on to double up the Kraken 4-2.
- TOR v. PHI – 730p ET
- NAS v. DAL – 830p ET
- MIN v. ARI – 10p ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Hurricanes’ Jesperi Kotkaniemi still adjusting to Rod Brind’Amour’s way. (The News & Observer)
- The mother of “John Doe #2” speaks with Rick Westhead about Kyle Beach, and more. (TSN)
- The Ottawa Senators look at the COVID-19 outbreak as another hurdle to overcome this season. (Ottawa Sun)
- What Does the Future Hold for the Buffalo Sabres? (The Hockey News)
- The Insiders discuss Carey Price, Bob Murray, the NHLPA, and more. (TSN)
- Frank Seravalli breaks down the investigation into Bob Murray. (Daily Faceoff)