NHL News and Notes from Friday, October 22nd, 2021
- The Tampa Bay Lightning unveiled their new 2021 Stanley Cup Championship Rings.
- San Jose Sharks v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 6p ET
- In Toronto it would be a battle between the Maple Leafs and San Jose Sharks. After a scoreless first period Jason Spezza and Ondrej Kase would score for the Leafs, but goals from Logan Couture, Timo Meier, and Erik Karlsson would give the Sharks the 3-2 lead. Then in the third period John Tavares would score for the Leafs, but goals from Jonathan Dahlen and Couture would give the Sharks the 5-3 victory.
- Boston Bruins v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would wear their white jerseys as they hosted the alternate jersey clad Boston Bruins. In the first period David Pastrnak and Tomas Nosek would score to give the Bs the 2-0 lead. Then in the Charlie Coyle would strike on the powerplay to grow the Boston lead to three. In the third period Victor Olofsson would score for the Sabres, but a tally from Taylor Hall would give the Bruins the 4-1 victory and hand Buffalo their first loss of the season.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Dallas Stars – 830p ET
- In Dallas the Stars would host the Los Angeles Kings, and in the first period Anze Kopitar would open the score late in the period for the Kings, but minutes later Tyler Seguin would score on the powerplay to tie the game at one for the Stars. In the second period Greg Vilardi would score for the Kings to take the 2-1 lead, but in the third period Miro Heiskanen would score on the powerplay to tie the game at two for the Stars to force overtime. In the extra frame the Stars would win it as Denis Gurianov would net his first of the season for the 3-2 victory over the Kings.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Vegas the golden Knights would host the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period Nicolas Roy would open the scoring for Vegas, but Zach Hyman would score on the powerplay five minutes later for the Oilers to tie the game at one. In the second period Nolan Patrick would score his first goal as a Knight to give Vegas the 2-1 lead, but Hyman would net his second of the game and Leon Draisaitl would strike to give the Oilers the 3-2 lead. Nicolas Hague goes on to tie the game for Vegas at 3 when Hague nets his first of the season. However, Edmonton takes the lead for good when Zach Kassian scores his third on the year and for added insurance, the Oilers seal the win with Leon Draisaitl’s goal, his fourth on the season, to give Edmonton the 5-3 win over the Vegas Golden Knights.
- NYR v. OTT – 1p ET
- CAL v. WAS – 1p ET – Michael’s Game Preview
- ANA v. MIN – 6p ET
- NAS v. WIN – 7p ET
- DET v. MON – 7p ET
- COL v. TB – 7p ET
- BUF v. NJ – 7p ET
- FLA v. PHI – 7p ET
- TOR v. PIT – 7p ET
- CAR v. CLB – 7p ET
- LA v. STL – 8p ET
- NYI v. ARI – 9p ET
- VAN v. SEA – 10 ET
Noteworthy in Hockey
- Things didn’t go as planned on the road in Winnipeg for the Anaheim Ducks. (DucksNPucks)
- The latest episode of the Goalie Interference Podcast is out from Sin Bin Vegas. (SinBin.Vegas)
- It’s the Friday Edition of the 32 Thoughts Podcast with Elliotte Friedman and Jeff Marek. (SportsNet)