NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, June 16th, 2021
- The New York Rangers have named their new Head Coach.
- Gerard Gallant has been named the new head coach of the Rangers.
- This past season Gallant did not coach in the NHL.
- Gallant last coached for the Vegas Golden Knights.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Vegas Golden Knights – Game 2 – 9p ET
- In Vegas, the Canadiens look to even the series while the Golden Knights look to take the 2-0 series lead. In the first period, Montreal gets on the board first when Joel Armia scores his fifth goal of the postseason at 6:12. Montreal takes the 2-0 lead when Tyler Toffoli also nets his fifth goal of the postseason with 3:30 remaining in the period. As the contest moves to the second period, Montreal takes the commanding 3-0 lead with a goal by Paul Byron, his second of the postseason, at 17:45. Vegas gets on the board at 18:46 when Alex Pietrangelo gets his second goal of the postseason. In the third period, Pietrangelo gets his second of the contest to cut the Habs lead to one but the Canadiens escape as the series is now tied at one game each.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Canadiens v. Golden Knights – Game 2
- TB v. NYI – Game 3 – 8p ET