NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, June 8th, 2021
- Boston Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy was fined by the NHL.
- Cassidy was fined $25,000 for criticizing the the officials after Monday night’s game against the New York Islanders.
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has fined Bruins forward Nick Ritchie.
- Ritchie was fined $5000 for elbowing Islanders defenseman Scott Mayfield on Monday night.
- The $5000 fine is the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- Neutral Arbitrator Shyam Das has upheld forward Nazem Kadri’s 8 game suspension.
- Kadri (COL) was suspended in the first round against St. Louis for a hit to the head of defenseman Justin Faulk.
- Kadri has already served 6 games of his 8 game supension.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Carolina Hurricanes – Game 5 – 630p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes looked to keep their season alive as the hosted the Tampa Bay Lightning in a pivotal game five. After a scoreless first period Brayden Point would dazzle as he would strike on the powerplay to give the Bolts the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Ross Colton would ice it for the Lightning to take the 2-0 victory and the 4-1 series victory over the Hurricanes to advance to the semi finals.
- Michael and Aryan’s TXHT Recap – Bolts Calm the Canes to Advance
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Colorado Avalanche – Game 5 – 9p ET
- In Colorado both the Avalanche and the Vegas Golden Knights look to take game five to take the lead in their series, and in the first period Brandon Saad would strike to give the Avs the 1-0 lead. In the second period Joonas Donskoi would score to grow the Avs lead to two. However, in the third period the Knights would strike as Alex Tuch and Jonathan Marchessault would score to tie the game at two. 50 seconds into the overtime session, Mark Stone would score the game winner for Vegas to give the Golden Knights the 3-2 win and 3-2 series lead.
- Russell’s TXHT Recap – Stone Scores in OT to Give Vegas 3-2 Series Lead
- BOS v. NYI – Game 6 – 730p ET