NHL News and Notes from Saturday, June 5th, 2021
- In the Ontario Hockey League history was made as Taya Currie was drafted by the Sarnia Sting in the OHL Draft.
- Currie becomes the first female player to be selected in the Priority Selection.
- Currie, a goaltender, was selected 267th overall by the Sting.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Tampa Bay Lightning – Game 4 – 4p ET
- It would be a crazy one in Tampa Bay as the Lightning host the Carolina Hurricanes for game four of their series. In the firs period Brayden Point would score for the Bolts to take the lead, but it would be the second period where all chaos would ensue. In the second period Teuvo Teravainen and Jesper Fast would score 39 seconds apart to give the Canes the lead, but Steven Stamkos would strike on the powerplay to tie the game. The Canes would strike with two more goals as Dougie Hamilton and Jaccob Slavin would score to give the Canes the two goal lead. However, Nikita Kucherov, Tyler Johnson, and Stamkos’ second of the game would give the Lightning the 5-4 lead. In the third period Kucherov would net his second of the game to give the Lightning the 6-4 victory and the 3-1 series lead over the Hurricanes.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Wild Second Period Give Bolts Game 4
- Boston Bruins v. New York Islanders – Game 4 – 715p ET
- On Long Island for game four between the Boston Bruins and the New York Islanders, we would see a very tightly contested matchup. After a scoreless first period David Krejci would open the scoring for the Bruins, but Kyle Palmieri would strike to tie the game at one. Then in the third period Mathew Barzal, Casey Cizikas, and Jean-Gabriel Pageau would all score to give the Islanders the 4-1 victory.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Isles Tie Up The Series
- WIN v. MON – Game 3 – 6p ET
- COL v. VGK – Game 4 – 830p ET