NHL News and Notes from Sunday, May 30th, 2021
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Carolina Hurricanes – Game 1 – 5p ET
- In Carolina for game one of the second round, the Hurricanes would host the Tampa Bay Lightning. After a scoreless first period Brayden Point would score a powerplay goal for the Bolts after deflecting a Victor Hedman point shot. Then in the second period while on the powerplay Jake Bean would score to tie the game for the Canes, but Barclay Goodrow would strike to give the Lightning the 2-1 victory over the Hurricanes to take game one.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Late Goal Gives Bolts Game 1
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Colorado Avalanche – Game 1 – 8p ET
- In Coloroado for game one of the West Division second round, the Avalanche would play host to the Vegas Golden Knights. In the first period Mikko Rantanen would strike early to give the Avs the 1-0 lead, and then Gabriel Landeskog would score to grow that lead to two. In the second period Brandon Saad and Nathan MacKinnon would score to give the Avs a dominating four goal lead over the Knights. William Karlsson would strike for the Knights, but MacKinnon and Landeskog would both score their second of the game to keep the Avs ahead by four. Then in the third period Cale Makar would score to give the Avalanche the dominating 7-1 victory over the Golden Knights to take game one.
- Russell’s TXHT Recap – Avs Dominate to Take Game 1
- MON v. TOR – Game 7 – 7p ET
- NYI v. BOS – Game 2 – 730p ET