NHL News and Notes from Saturday, May 29th, 2021
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Montreal Canadiens – Game 6 – 730p ET
- In Montreal in front of fans for the first time since March 2020, the Canadiens would play host to the Toronto Maple Leafs for game six. After a scoreless first two periods the Habs would open the scoring with goals from Corey Perry and Tyler Toffoli, but the Leafs would respond with goals from Jason Spezza and TJ Brodie to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Jesperi Kotkaniemi would score with less than five minutes left in the extra session to give the Canadiens the 3-2 victory and tie the series at three to force a game seven on Monday.
- New York Islanders v. Boston Bruins – Game 1 – 8p ET
- In Boston for the first game of their second round matchup, the Bruins would play host to the New York Islanders. In the first period Anthony Beauvillier would open the scoring for the Isles, but David Pastrnak would strike in the final 30 seconds to tie the game at one. Then in the second period Pastrnak would net his second of the game to give the B’s their first lead of the game, but Adam Pelech would tie the game at two for the Isles. In the third period Charlie McAvoy would score to regain the lead for the Bruins, and Pastrnak would complete the hat trick and Taylor Hall would score to give the Bruins the 5-2 victory and the 1-0 series lead over the Islanders.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Pastrnak Hat Trick Lifts Boston To Game 1 Win
- TB v. CAR – Game 1 – 5p ET
- VGK v. COL – Game 1 – 8p ET