NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, May 25th, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety levied a pair of fines to two Tampa Bay Lightning players.
- Forward Pat Maroon was fined $3,879.31 for unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Defenseman Ryan McDonagh was fined $5000 for cross checking Florida Panthers forward Mason Marchment.
- Both infractions happened on Monday night, and both fines are the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- Toronto Maple Leafs v. Montreal Canadiens – Game 4 – 730p ET
- Up north in Montreal the Canadiens look to tie their series with the Toronto Maple Leafs at two. After a scoreless first period William Nylander would open the scoring for the Leafs, and then Jason Spezzan and Joe Thornton would strike to give the Leafs the 3-0 lead. Then in the third period Alex Galchenyuk would get the empty netter to give the Leafs the 4-0 victory and the 3-1 series lead over the Canadiens.
- Nashville Predators v. Carolina Hurricanes – Game 5 – 8p ET
- Back in Carolina for game five with the series tied at two, the Hurricanes and Nashville Predators both look to take the series lead for Thursday’s game six. In the first period Yakov Trenin would deflect Roman Josi’s blast to give the Preds the 1-0 lead, but Martin Necas would score on the powerplay to tie the game at one for the Canes. In the second period Trenin would strike again for the Preds, but in the third period it would be Necas’ second of the game to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. In overtime Jordan Staal would strike early to give the Canes the 3-2 victory and 3-2 series lead.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Staal Strikes Early in OT for Canes
- PIT v. NYI – Game 6 – 630p ET
- FLA v. TB – Game 6 – 8p ET
- VGK v. MIN – Game 6 – 9p ET