NHL News and Notes from Saturday, May 22nd, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety would hand out a pair of fines for actions on Friday night.
- Forward Jordan Staal of the Carolina Hurricanes was fined $5000 for doing a dangerous trip to Nashville Predators forward Luke Kunin.
- Washington Capitals forward Anthony Mantha would be fined $5000 for goalie Interference against Tuukka Rask of the Boston Bruins.
- The $5000 fines are the maximum allowed under the CBA.
- Florida Panthers v. Tampa Bay Lightning – Game 4 – 1230p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning would take on the Florida Panthers for game four of their series, and in the first period Jonathan Huberdeau would strike for the Panthers, but goals from Anthony Cirelli, Yanni Gourde, and Ondrej Palat would give the Bolts the 3-1 lead. In the second period Carter Verhaeghe would score for the Panthers, but a pair of goals from Alex Killorn would give the Bolts the 5-2 lead. Then in the third period Nikita Kucherov would score to give the Lightning the 6-2 victory and the 3-1 series lead.
- Aryan’s TXHT Recap – Bolts Overpower the Panthers for 3-1 Series Lead
- Pittsburgh Penguins v. New York Islanders – Game 4 – 3p ET
- On Long Island for game four the New York Islanders and Pittsburgh Penguins would do battle, and after a scoreless first period Josh Bailey and Ryan Pulock would score to give the Isles the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Oliver Wahlstrom and Jordan Eberle would both strike on the powerplay to give the Isles the 4-0 lead. Zach Aston-Reese would score late in the period, but the Islanders would hold on for the 4-1 victory.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Isles Tie Up The Series
- Montreal Canadiens v. Toronto Maple Leafs – Game 2 – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would look to even their series with the Montreal Canadiens. In the first period Jesperi Kotkaniemi would score for the Habs, but Jason Spezza would strike for the Leafs to tie the game at one. In the second period Auston Matthews and Rasmus Sandin would score to give the Leafs the two goal lead, and then in the third period William Nylander and Alexander Kerfoot would score to give the Leafs the 5-1 victory and tie the series with the Canadiens at one.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Minnesota Wild – Game 4 – 8p ET
- In Minnesota for game four the Wild would look to tie their series with the Vegas Golden Knights, and in the first period the Knights would get on the board first as Nicolas Roy would strike to take the 1-0 lead. In the second period Alex Tuch and Mark Stone would score to grow the Knights lead to three. Then in the third period Roy would net his second of the game to give the Golden Knights the 4-0 victory and the 3-1 series lead over the Wild.
- Scott’s TXHT Recap – Knights Tame the Wild in Shutout
- CAR v. NAS – Game 4 – 230p ET
- COL v. STL – Game 4 – 5p ET
- BOS v. WAS – Game 5 – 7p ET
- EDM v. WIN – Game 3 – 730p ET