NHL News and Notes from Friday, May 21st, 2021
- The NHL Department of Player Safety has announced that forward Nazem Kadri has been suspended.
- Kadri has been suspended for eight games for doing an illegal check to the head of St. Louis Blues defenseman Justin Faulk on Wednesday night.
- If the Avalanche are eliminated before the eight games can be served in full then the remaining games will carry over to the 2021-22 Regular Season.
- Washington Capitals v. Boston Bruins – Game 4 – 630p ET
- In Boston for Game four the Washington Capitals look to bounce back to even their series with the Bruins. After a scoreless first period, it would be a bad penalty from Dmitry Orlov to give the B’s the powerplay opportunity, and Brad Marchand would strike to give Boston the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period the Caps would start to implode as David Pastrnak would strike on the powerplay and Charlie Coyle would score seconds later to give the B’s the 3-0 lead 63 seconds into the period. However, on the Caps sixth powerplay Alex Ovechkin would score a fortunate goal to get the Caps on the board and down by two, but Matt Grzelcyk would score to give the Bruins the 4-1 victory and the 3-1 series lead over the Capitals.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Nashville Predators – Game 3 – 7p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would face the Carolina Hurricanes, and in the first period Ryan Ellis would open the scoring, but later in the period Sebastian Aho would strike to tie the game for the Canes. However, with less than 30 seconds left in the first Filip Forsberg would score to retake the one goal lead for the Predators. Then in the second period Jordan Staal and Vincent Trocheck would score for the Canes to take the lead, but Mikael Granlund would score on the powerplay to tie the game at three for the Preds. In the third period Ryan Johansen would strike right off the faceoff to give the Predators the 4-3 lead, but Brett Pesce would score late to tie the game at four and send the game to overtime. Then in double overtime it would be Matt Duchene for the Predators to end it as the Preds would win 5-4 and cut the Hurricanes series lead to one.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Duchene in Double OT Gives Preds 5-4 Win
- Winnipeg Jets v. Edmonton Oilers – Game 2 – 9p ET
- In Edmonton for game two the Oilers look to bounce back to even their series at one against the Winnipeg Jets. After a scoreless 60 minutes of regulation, this game would head to overtime which would see Paul Stastny win it for the Jets 1-0 to take the 2-0 series lead over the Oilers.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Jets v. Oilers: Game 2 – Stastny Nets OT Game Winner, Jets up 2-0
- Colorado Avalanche v. St. Louis Blues – Game 3 – 930p ET
- In St. Louis the Blues look to draw energy from their fans as they take on the Colorado Avalanche in game three. After a scoreless first period Ryan Graves, Alex Newhook, and Tyson Jost would strike to give the Avs the 3-0 lead, but Tyler Bozak would score to get the Blues on the board and cut their deficit to two. Then in the third period Brandon Saad and JT Compher would strike to give the Avalanche the 5-1 victory
- Russell’s TXHT Recap – Avs Put Up 5 to Down Blues
- FLA v. TB – Game 4 – 1230p ET
- PIT v. NYI – Game 4 – 3p ET
- MON v. TOR – Game 2 – 7p ET
- VGK v. MIN – Game 4 – 8p ET