NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, April 21st, 2021
- Nashville Predators v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7p ET
- In the Windy City, the Blackhawks look to get the win over the Predators and in the first period the Blackhawks get on the board first when Pius Suter nets his 13th of the season. Nashville responds when Eeli Tolvanen nets his 11th. In the second, Nashville gets a pair of goals when Colton Sissons nets his eighth and Mikael Granlund nets his 12th to give the Preds the 3-1 lead. Then in the third, Nashville takes the three goal lead when Luke Kunin nets his sixth. Chicago responds with three goals when Wyatt Kalynuk nets his third, Vinnie Hinostroza nets his first and Dominik Kubalik nets his 15th to tie the game at 4 all. In the overtime session, Brandon Hagel nets his seventh on the year as the Blackhawks get the 5-4 win over the Predators.
- Minnesota Wild v. Arizona Coyotes – 9p ET
- In Arizona, the Coyotes look to down the Wild and in the first, Arizona strikes first when Christian Dvorak nets his 13th on the year. In the second, Minnesota ties the contest when Kevin Fiala nets his 16th. In the third, the Wild get three goals when Marcus Foligno nets eighth, Kirill Kaprizov nets his 19th, and Nico Sturm nets his seventh as the Wild go on to get the 4-1 victory over the Coyotes.
- San Jose Sharks v. Vegas Golden Knights – 9:30p ET
- In Vegas, the Golden Knights look to clinch their fourth consecutive spot in the 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs with a point against the Sharks. In the first period, San Jose gets the first goal when Timo Meier nets his ninth on the season. Vegas ties the game when Jonathan Marchessault nets his 12th on the season. In the second, the Sharks retake the lead when Tomas Hertl nets his 14th. Vegas makes it a 2-2 game when Mark Stone nets his 18th on the year. Alex Tuch nets his 17th on the year as the Golden Knights take the 3-2 lead. In the third, Marchessault nets his second of the game and Mattias Janmark nets his 11th as Vegas gets the 5-2 win over the Sharks.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Edmonton Oilers – 10p ET
- In Edmonton, the Canadiens look to get the win over the Oilers and in the first, Artturi Lehkonen nets his fourth to give Montreal the 1-0 lead. In the second, Connor McDavid ties the game for Edmonton and Montreal responds when Josh Anderson nets his 16th to give Montreal the 2-1 lead. In the third, Tyler Toffoli nets his 22nd and Anderson nets his second of the game to give the Habs the 4-1 lead. Edmonton responds when Ryan Nugent-Hopkins nets his 13th and McDavid nets his second of the game to bring the Oilers within a goal but the Canadiens escape with the 4-3 win over the Oilers.
- TOR v. WIN – 7p ET
- PHI v. NYR – 7p ET
- BOS v. BUF – 7p ET
- WAS v. NYI – 7p ET
- CLB v. TB – 7p ET
- CAR v. FLA – 7p ET
- NJ v. PIT – 7p ET
- DAL v. DET – 7:30p ET
- COL v. STL – 8p ET
- OTT v. VAN – 10p ET