NHL News and Notes from Thursday, April 15th, 2021
- New York Islanders v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would host the New York Islanders, and in the first period Brad Marchand would net his 20th of the season and Craig Smith would score to give the B’s the 2-0 lead. In the second period Travis Zajac would net his first as an Islander to cut the Bruins lead to one. Then in the third period Taylor Hall would net his first as a Bruin and Marchand would net his second of the game to give the Bruins the 4-1 victory.
- New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the New York Rangers would host the New Jersey Devils, and in the first period the Rangers would strike early and often as the would get goals from Jacob Trouba, Tyan Lindgren, and Artemi Panarin to take a commanding 3-0 lead. In the second period Panarin would strike again to give the Rangers the 4-0 victory.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would play host to the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period both teams would trade tallies as Sam Reinhart would score for the Sabres, and Dmitry Orlov would unleash a bomb to tie the game at one for the Caps. In the second period Anthony Mantha would strike for the Caps, but goals from Victor Olofsson, Casey Mittelstadt, and Anders Bjork would give the Sabres the 4-2 lead. In the third period Tage Thompson would get the empty netter to give the Sabres the 5-2 victory over the Capitals.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Caps Fall Short to Sabres
- Nashville Predators v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- In Carolina the Nashville Predators would come to town to face the Hurricanes, and in the first period Warren Foegele would strike to give the Canes the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Andrei Svechnikov and Vincent Trocheck would score to grow the Canes lead to three. In the third period Erik Haula would score for the Predators, but Sebastian Aho would strike to seal the 4-1 victory for the Hurricanes.
- Florida Panthers v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In a battle of Florida the Panthers would come to Tampa Bay to take on the Lightning and in the first period Patric Hornqvist would strike for the Panthers to take the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Alex Killorn would score to tie the game at one for the Bolts. In the third period both teams would trade tallies as Anthony Duclair would score for the Panthers and Ross Colton would tally for the Bolts as this game would go to overtime, and in the extra frame it would be Victor Hedman with the game winner as the Lightning take the 3-2 victory.
- Philadelphia Flyers v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In the Battle of Pennsylvania the Philadelphia Flyers would head to Pittsburgh to take on the Penguins. After a scoreless first period Sidney Crosby would net his 17th of the season to give the Pens the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period Jakub Voracek would strike to tie the game at one and send the game to overtime. After the scoreless overtime period it would be Sean Couturier in the shootout to give the Flyers the 2-1 victory over the Penguins.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would host the Winnipeg Jets and in the first period Alex Galchenyuk would score for the Leafs, but goals from Nikolaj Ehlers, Kyle Connor, and Mark Scheifele would give the Jets the 3-1 lead. Then in the second period John Tavares would net his 14th of the season to bring the Leafs back within one. Then in the third period Ehlers and Connor would both net their second of the game to give the Jets the 5-2 victory over the Maple Leafs.
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Detroit Red Wings – 7:30p ET
- In an Original Six battle the Detroit Red Wings would host the Chicago Blackhawks, and in the first period it would be Chicago striking first as Duncan Keith would find the scoresheet to take the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Troy Stetcher would net a pair of goals and Jakub Vrana would net his first as a Wing to give the Wings the 3-1 lead. In the third period Michael Rasmussen would get the empty netter to give teh Red Wings the 4-1 victory over the Blackhawks.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Dallas Stars – 8:30p ET
- In Dallas the Stars and Columbus Blue Jackets would do battle, and in the first period Jack Roslovic would strike to get the Jackets on the board first. Then in the second period Denis Gurianov and Miro Heiskanen would score to give the Stars the 2-1 lead. In the third, Gurianov gets his second of the game and Joe Pavelski gets his 17th on the year as the Stars cruise by the Blue Jackets with the 4-1 win.
- CAL v. MON – 6p ET
- NYI v. BOS – 7p ET
- SJ v. MIN – 8p ET
- EDM v. VAN – Postponed
- LA v. COL – 9p ET
- VGK v. ANA – 10p ET