NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, March 30th, 2021
- New Jersey Devils v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the Bruins and New Jersey Devils would do battle, and in the first period Nick Ritchie would strike for the B’s, but goals from Miles Wood and Michael McLeod would give the Devils the 2-1 lead. Then in the second period Brad Marchand would score for the B’s, but goals from Travis Zajac and Kyle Palmieri would give the Devils the 4-2 lead. In the third period Charlie McAvoy and Matt Grzelcyk would score for the Bruins to tie the game, and send it to overtime. After a scoreless overtime period it would be David Pastrnak with the winner in the shootout to give the Bruins the 5-4 victory over the Devils.
- Washington Capitals v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- At Madison Square Garden the Washington Capitals would come to town to continue their series with the New York Rangers. In the first period Filip Chytil would score for the Rangers, but earlier tallies from TJ Oshie and Nic Dowd would give the Caps the 2-1 lead. Then after a scoreless second period Kaapo Kakko, Adam Fox, Artemi Panarin, and Pavel Buchnevich would score to give the Rangers the 5-2 victory.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 7p ET
- In Tampa Bay the Lightning and Columbus Blue Jackets would do battle, and after a scoreless first period Oliver Bjorkstrand and David Savard would strike to give the Jackets the 2-0 lead. In the third period Mathieu Joseph would score for the Lightning, but a tally from Cam Atkinson would give the Blue Jackets the 3-1 victory.
- Detroit Red Wings v. Florida Panthers – 7p ET
- In Florida the Detroit Red Wings would come to town to face the Panthers, and in the first period the Panthers would pounce on the Wings as Jonathan Huberdeau, Carter Verhaeghe, and Brett Connolly would score to give the Panthers the 3-0 lead. Then in the second period Filip Zadina would score for the Wings, but Verhaeghe’s second of the game would keep the Panthers ahead by three, and ultimately win the game 4-1.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Montreal Canadiens – 7p ET
- The Montreal Canadiens would host the Edmonton Oilers, and in the first period the Habs would get goals from Jesperi Kotkaniemi, Artturi Lehkonen, and Brendan Gallagher to take a commanding 3-0 lead. Then in the second period Tomas Tater would strike to grow the Habs lead to four. In the third period it would be scoreless as the Canadiens would go on to defeat the Oilers 4-0.
- Carolina Hurricanes v. Chicago Blackhawks – 7:30p ET
- In Chicago the Blackhawks and Carolina Hurricanes would do battle, and after a scoreless second period Dylan Strome and Alex DeBrincat would score to give the Blackhawks the 2-0 lead, but Andrei Svechnikov would score before the second was over to cut the Blackhawks lead to one. In the third period the Blackhawks would hold the Hurricanes scoreless, and take the 2-1 victory.
- Dallas Stars v. Nashville Predators – 8p ET
- In Nashville the Predators would host the Dallas Stars, and after a scoreless first period, the Preds would get a goal from Roman Josi, but tallies from Jason Robertson and Roope Hintz would give the Stars the 2-1 lead. In the third period Calle Jarnkrok would score to tie the game at two for the Preds to force overtime. Then in the extra frame Eeli Tolvanen would net his 9th of the season to give the Predators the 3-2 victory over the Stars.
- TOR v. WIN – 7:30p ET
- PHI v. BUF – 7:30p ET
- ARI v. COL – 9:30p ET
- LA v. VGK – 10p ET
- CAL v. VAN – 10p ET
- MIN v. SJ – 10:30p ET