NHL News and Notes from Sunday, March 28th, 2021
- New York Rangers v. Washington Capitals – 12p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would host the New York Rangers, and after a scoreless first period the Capitals would erupt for three goals in about a four and a half minutes span as Tom Wilson would net a pair of remarkable goals, and Alex Ovechkin would continue to compile goals with a lucky bounce to take the 3-0 lead. Then in the third period Evgeny Kuznetsov would strike to grow the Caps lead to four, but Colin Blackwell would net a pair of goals plus tallies from Alexis Lafreniere and Chris Krieder would breathe life into the Rangers. However, a TJ Oshie deflection goal would give the Capitals the 5-4 victory.
- Columbus Blue Jackets v. Detroit Red Wings – 3p ET
- In Detroit the Red Wings would do battle with the Columbus Blue Jackets once again, and in the first period Evgeny Svechnikov would strike to give the Wings the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Jack Roslovic would score to tie the game at one. In the third period the Wings would soar as Michael Rasmussen, Filip Hronek, and Vladislav Namestnikov would all score to give the Red Wings the 4-1 victory over the Blue Jackets.
- Anaheim Ducks v. St. Louis Blues – 5p ET
- In St. Louis the Anaheim Ducks would take on the Blues, and in the first period Ryan O’Rielly and Vladimir Tarasenko would strike for the Blues to take a 2-0 lead. Theni n the second and third periods Cam Fowler and Adam Henrique would score respectively to tie the game at two. Then in the extra frame Josh Manson would strike to give the Ducks the 3-2 victory.
- New Jersey Devils v. Boston Bruins – 5:30p ET
- In Boston the Bruins would host the New Jersey Devils. In the first period Kyle Palmieri would strike for teh Devils to take a 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless period with 70 seconds left in regulation Patrice Bergeron would score to tie the game at one, but the Devils would challenge for goalie interfernce and the goal would be waived off giving New Jersey the 1-0 victory.
- Florida Panthers v. Dallas Stars – 6pm ET
- In Dallas the Stars would host the Florida Panthers, and in the first period Jason Robertson would strike for the Stars, but a pair of goals from Jonathan Huberdeau and a tally from Anthony Duclair would give the Panthers the 3-1 lead. In the third period Owen Tippett would strike to give the Panthers the 4-1 victory.
- Nashville Predators v. Chicago Blackhawks – 8p ET
- In Chicago the Nashville Predators would come to town to take on the Blackhawks. In the first period Viktor Arvidsson and Calle Jarnkrok would score to give the Preds the 2-0 lead. After a scoreless second, Chicago gets two goals when Alex DeBrincat scores twice. Nashville gets the 3-2 win over the Blackhawks when Roman Josi nets his third goal of the season.
- Ottawa Senators v. Montreal Canadiens – Postponed
- PHI v. BUF – 7p ET
- NYI v. PIT – 7p ET
- EDM v. TOR – 7p ET
- ANA v. COL – 9p ET
- LA v. VGK – 10p ET
- WIN v. CAL – 10p ET
- MIN v. SJ – 10:30p ET