NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, March 24th, 2021
- Calgary Flames v. Ottawa Senators – 5p ET
- In Ottawa for an early evening matinee, the Senators would play host to the Calgary Flames. After a scoreless first period, the second period would see the Flames get on the board first with a Mark Giordano tally to take the 1-0 lead. Then in the third period the Sens would erupt for three goals as Josh Norris, Chris Tierney, and Nikita Zaitsev would all score to give the Senators the 3-1 victory over the Flames.
- Anaheim Ducks v. Minnesota Wild – 5:30p ET
- In another early evening matinee the Minnesota Wild would host the Anaheim Ducks. In the first period Derek Grant would score for the Ducks, but a pair of tallies from Jared Spurgeon would give the Wild the 2-1 lead. Then in the second period Max Comtois would strike to tie the game, but Nico Sturm’s fourth of the season would give the Wild the 3-2 victory.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Montreal Canadiens – 7:30p ET
- Buffalo Sabres v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 8p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would play host to the lowly Buffalo Sabres. In the first period Evan Rodrigues would strike to give the Pens the 1-0 lead, but tallies from Rasmus Dahlin for the Sabres and Kris Letang for the Pens would keep Pittsburgh with the one goal lead. Then in the second period John Marino and Zach Aston-Reese would score to grow the Pens lead to three. In the third period Victor Olofsson would score on a penalty shot for the Sabres, but Sidney Crosby’s 13th of the season would secure the 5-2 victory for the Penguins.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver, the Canucks look to down the Jets. After a scoreless first period, Winnipeg gets a pair of goals from Andrew Copp and then Mark Scheifele score to give the Jets the 3-0 lead. In the third period, Copp goes on to score two additional goals, giving him four on the night. Vancouver gets on the board late in the period when Nils Hoglander scores but the Jets cruise by the Canucks with the 5-1 win.
- Los Angeles Kings v. San Jose Sharks – 10:30p ET
- In San Jose the Sharks look to defeat the Kings. After a scoreless 1st, San Jose gets two goals when Rudolfs Balcers and Evander Kane score in the second. The Kings get on the board when Alex Iafallo gets his eighth goal on the season. In the third, Evander Kane gets is 14th goal of the season and Tomas Hertl score to give San Jose the 4-1 lead. The Kings cut the lead to two goals when Adrian Kempe gets his 12th goal of the season. San Jose goes on to double up the Kings with the 4-2 win.
- NYI v. BOS – 7p ET
- NYR v. PHI – 7p ET
- NJ v. WSH – 7p ET
- CAR v. CLB – 7p ET
- TOR v. OTT – 7p ET
- BUF v. PIT – 7p ET
- STL v. MIN – 8p ET
- FLA v. CHI – 8p ET
- DET v. NSH – 8p ET
- TB v. DAL – 8:30p ET
- VGK v. COL – 9p ET