NHL News and Notes from Monday, March 8th, 2021
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In St. Paul, the Wild look to down the white-hot Vegas Golden Knights. In the first period, Kevin Fiala gets the Wild on the board with his eighth goal of the season. Jonas Brodin gets his fourth goal of the season with six seconds left in the game as the Wild defeat the Golden Knights 2-0.
- St. Louis Blues v. San Jose Sharks – 9p ET
- In San Jose, the Sharks look to defeat the Blues. In the first, St. Louis gets on the board when Niko Mikkola gets his first goal of the season. In the second, the Sharks get on the board when Marc-Edouard Vlasic nets his first goal of the season. Brayden Schenn gives the Blues the lead again when he scores his 12th goal on the season. In the third, Logan Couture gets his 13th goal of the season to tie the game 2-2. In Overtime, Evander Kane scores his ninth goal of the season 41 seconds in to down the Blues 3-2.
- Ottawa Senators v. Edmonton Oilers – 9p ET
- In Edmonton, the Oilers look to down the Senators and in the first, Ottawa strikes oil first when Evgenii Dadonov gets his eighth goal of the season 56 seconds in the period. Edmonton ties the contest when Kailer Yamamoto gets his seventh goal of the season. In the second, Alex Chiasson gets his fifth goal of the season to give the Oilers the 2-1 lead. Leon Draisaitl gives the Oilers the 3-1 lead when he nets his 11th goal of the season. Tim Stützle gets his sixth goal of the season to bring the Senators within a goal. Edmonton squeaks past the Senators with the 3-2 victory.
- Arizona Coyotes v. Colorado Avalanche – 9p ET
- In Denver, the Coyotes look to get over the hump and down the Avs. In the first period, Arizona gets the 1-0 lead when Derick Brassard gets his fourth goal of the season and the Coyotes take the 2-0 lead after a Jakob Chychrun goal, his seventh. In the second period, Colorado gets on the board with Valeri Nichushkin gets his fifth goal of the season. Andre Burakovsky ties the game for Colorado with his fifth goal on the season. In the third, Johan Larsson gets his fourth goal of the season to give Arizona the 3-2 lead and victory over the Colorado Avalanche.
- Montreal Canadiens v. Vancouver Canucks – 10p ET
- In Vancouver the Canucks look to win their third consecutive game. In the first Jeff Petry gets his ninth goal, a power play goal, on the season with Tomas Tatar and Jesperi Kotkaniemi getting the assists at 4:37. Vancouver ties the game with 41 seconds left in regulation when Adam Gaudette nets hits third goal of the season, assisted by Bo Horvat and Quinn Hughes. After a scoreless overtime, Vancouver wins the game in the third round of the shootout.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In the Battle on the Freeway, both teams look to win their second consecutive game. In the first, Anaheim gets on the board when Kevin Shattenkirk gets his second goal of the season. The Kings tie the game when Adrian Kempe gets his seventh goal of the season and the Ducks retake the lead when Rickard Rakell gets his fifth goal of the season. In the second, Dustin Brown gets his 13th goal of the season to tie the game for the Kings. The Ducks takes the 3-2 lead when Ben Hutton gets his first goal of the season. Jakob Silfverberg gets his sixth goal of the season to give the Ducks the 4-2 lead. Kempe gets his second goal of the night to bring the Kings within a goal again. Rakell also gets his second goal of the evening to make it a 5-3 Ducks lead. In the third, Andreas Athanasiou gets his fifth goal of the season as the Kings trail by one. Kempe gets the hat trick as the game is tied 5-5. In Overtime, Adam Henrique nets his sixth goal of the season as the Ducks defeat the Kings 6-5.
- NYR v. PIT – 6p ET
- BOS v. NYI – 7 ET
- BUF v. PHI – 7p ET
- NJ v. WAS – 7p ET
- NAA v. CAR – 7p ET
- FLA v. CLB – 7p ET
- WIN v. TOR – 7p ET
- TB v. DET – 7:30p ET
- CHI v. DAL – 8:30p ET