NHL News and Notes from Friday, February 26th, 2021
- Boston Bruins v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- In New York City, the Rangers look to get a win over the Bruins. In the first period, Phillip Di Giuseppe gives the Rangers the 1-0 lead. In the second period, the Rangers take the 2-0 lead with a Ryan Strome goal at 2:32. Boston gets on the board when Patrice Bergeron scores his eighth goal of the season. The Rangers take the 3-1 lead when Colin Blackwell nets his fourth goal of the season. New York takes the three goal lead when Chris Kreider gets his ninth goal of the season. In the third period, Pavel Buchnevich gets his fifth goal to give the Rangers a 5-1 lead and then they take the 6-1 lead when Jonny Brodzinski gets his first goal of the season. Boston’s Brad Marchand scores his 10th goal of the season as the Bruins trail by four and the Rangers breeze by the Bruins with a 6-2 win.
- Los Angeles Kings v. Minnesota Wild – 8p ET
- In Minnesota, the Kings look to down the Wild. In the first period, the Minnesota Wild gets goals from Kirill Kaprizov, Nick Bjugstad, and Joel Eriksson Ek to take a 3-0 lead. After a scoreless second period, the Los Angeles Kings get on the board when Jeff Carter gets his fourth goal of the season at the 17:10 mark in the third period. A Kings comeback is not in the cards as the Minnesota Wild go on to defeat the Los Angeles Kings with a 3-1 victory.
- Colorado Avalanche v. Arizona Coyotes – 9p ET
- In Glendale, the Coyotes look to knock off the Avalanche. After a scoreless twenty, Colorado gets on the board in the second period when Mikko Rantanen nets his eighth goal of the season. In the third period, Andre Burakovsky gives the Avs a 2-0 lead with his fourth goal of the season. Colorado takes the 3-0 advantage after a Nazem Kadri goal, his sixth on the season. Phil Kessel gets the Coyotes on the board with 1:36 left in the period with his eighth goal of the season. Arizona comes within a goal with 53 seconds left in the game with a goal by Drake Caggiula but the Avalanche go on to win this contest with a 3-2 win.
- PHI v. BUF – 1p ET
- WAS v. NJ – 1p ET
- CAL v. OTT – 1p ET
- CLB v. NAS – 3p ET
- TOR v. EDM – 7p ET
- PIT v. NYI – 7p ET
- DAL v. TB – 7p ET
- CAR v. FLA – 7p ET
- DET v. CHI – 8p ET
- LA v. MIN – 8p ET
- COL v. ARI – 9p ET
- VGK v. ANA – 10p ET
- MON v. WIN – 10p ET
- STL v. SJ – 10:30p ET