NHL News and Notes from Friday, February 19th, 2021
- Chicago Blackhawks v. Carolina Hurricanes – 7p ET
- In Carolina the Hurricanes channel their past as they don their Hartford Whalers Reverse Retro jerseys against the Chicago Blackhawks. In the first period the Canes would strike first as Nino Niederreiter would net his 8th of the season. Then in the second period Vincent Trocheck would grow the Canes lead to two, but goals from Patrick Kane and Ian Mitchell would tie the game at two for the Blackhawks. Then in the third period Niederreiter would net his second of the game, and Martin Necas and Jaccob Slavin would both score to give the Hurricanes the 5-3 victory. Carl Soderberg would have the lone third period tally for the Blackhawks.
- Florida Panthers v. Detroit Red Wings – 7p ET
- In Detroit the Florida Panthers would come to town to hunt down the Red Wings, and hun the Wings the Panthers did. In the first period Bobby Ryan would score for the Wings, but goals from Juho Lammikko, MacKenzie Weegar, Patric Hornqvist, and Alexsander Barkov would giv ethe Panthers the commanding 4-1 lead. In the second period Aaron Ekblad would grow the Panthers lead to five, and in the third period Hornqvist would net his second of the game and Anthony Duclair would score to give the Panthers the 7-2 victory. Valtteri Filppula would net the second goal for the Red Wings in the third period.
- Edmonton Oilers v. Calgary Flames – 9p ET
- In Game Two of the Battle of Alberta, Edmonton gets the scoring started in the first period with his fifth goal of the season. In the second period, the Oilers take the 2-0 lead when Gaetan Haas gets his first goal of the season. Calgary gets on the board when Rasmus Andersson gets his third goal of the season. There is no scoring in the third period and the Edmonton Oilers take the second game of the Battle of Alberta with a 2-1 victory over the Calgary Flames.
- Winnipeg Jets v. Vancouver Canucks – 7p ET
- In the second game of the nine game set on the season, Winnipeg visits Vancouver. In the first period, Winnipeg gets on the board when Mark Scheifele gets his ninth goal of the season. Then late in the third period, Mason Appleton gives the Jets a 2-0 lead and eventual win over the Canucks.
- BUF v. NJ – 12:30p ET
- NYR v. WAS – 12:30p ET
- VGK v. COL – 3p ET (Game at Lake Tahoe)
- FLA v. DET – 5p ET
- LA v. ARI – 7p ET
- CHI v. CAR – 7p ET (Game postponed)
- TB v. CAR – 7p ET
- NYI v. PIT – 7p ET
- NAS v. CLB – 7p ET
- TOR v. MON – 7p ET
- SJ v. STL – 7p ET
- TB v. DAL – (Postponed due to weather)
- MIN v. ANA – 9p ET
- EDM v. CAL – 10p ET