NHL News and Notes from Thursday, February 18th, 2021
- New Jersey Devils v. Boston Bruins – 7p ET
- In Boston the New Jersey Devils take on the Bruins, and after a scoreless first period the B’s would get a goal from Jake DeBrusk while on the powerplay, but a pair of goals from Kyle Palmieri and a tally from Pavel Zacha would give the Devils the 3-1 lead. In the third period Charlie McAvoy would score for the Bruins, but the Devils would hold on for the 3-2 victory.
- New York Rangers v. Philadelphia Flyers – 7p ET
- In Philadelphia before they head to Lake Tahoe, the Flyers would play host to the New York Rangers. In the first period Nicolas Aube-Kubel would score 59 seconds in to give the Flyers the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Colin Blackwell would strike on the powerplay to tie the game at one for the Rangers. In the third period Brendan Smith would net his first of the season to give the Rangers the 2-1 lead, and in the final minutes Joel Farabee would tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. After a scoreless overtime period it would be Artemi Panerin with the game winner in the shootout to give the Rangers the 3-2 victory over the Flyers.
- New York Islanders v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Penguins would host the New York Islanders, and in the first period Sidney Crosby would notch his sixth of the season to give the Pens the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Teddy Blueger’s third of the season would grow the Pittsburgh lead to two. Then in the third period Brock Nelson would get a powerplay tally for the Isles, but goals from Jason Zucker and Bryan Rust would give the Pens the 4-1 victory.
- Nashville Predators v. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7p ET
- In Columbus we would see a battle of the Blue Jackets and Nashville Predators, and in the first period the Jackets would strike first with a Cam Atkinson tally. Then in the second period Max Domi would notch his third of the season to grow the Columbus lead to two. In the third period Eric Robertson would score to give the Blue Jackets the 3-0 victory.
- Ottawa Senators v. Toronto Maple Leafs – 7p ET
- In Toronto the Maple Leafs would take on the Ottawa Senators once again, and in the first period the Leafs would light up the Sens with a pair of goals from Auston Matthews and a tally from Joe Thornton. The Sens would get a first period tally from Tim Stutzle. Then in the second period Connor Brown would strike for the Sens, but another three goal period would bring the Leafs to a 6-2 lead thanks to goals from Ilya Mikheyev, Mitch Marner, and William Nylander. In the third period Drake Batherson would score for the Sens, but John Tavares’ sixth of the season would give the Maple Leafs the 7-3 victory.
- Buffalo Sabres v. Washington Capitals – 7p ET
- In Washington the Capitals would play host to the Buffalo Sabres, and in the first period while on the powerplay Nicklas Backstrom would score for the one goal lead. then in the second period Tom Wilson would power his way to a shorthanded tally to grow the Capitals lead to two. In the third period Conor Sheary would tally for the Caps, and Victor Olofsson would score a powerplay marker for the Sabres as the Capitals would go on to win 3-1.
Michael’s TXHT Game Recap – Caps Stifle the Sabres
- San Jose Sharks v. St. Louis Blues – 8p ET
- In St. Louis the Sharks take on the Blues and in the first period, St. Louis gets on the board with a PPG by Mike Hoffman, his sixth goal on the season. In the second period, the Sharks gets a pair of goals from Noah Gregor and John Leonard, the third and second goals of the season respectively. In the third period, St. Louis ties the game when Brayden Schenn nets his eighth goal of the season with 40 seconds left in regulation. In the extra session, David Perron scores the PPG game winner and the Blues down the Sharks 3-2.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Dallas Stars – 8:30p ET
- Postponed due to Weather
- Los Angeles Kings v. Arizona Coyotes – 9p ET
- In Glendale the Coyotes look to dethrone the Kings and in the first period, the Kings get goals from Dustin Brown, his eighth on the season, and Jeff Carter, his third, to take the 2-0 lead. In the second period, Arizona gets on the board when Connor Garland gets a goal one minute in the period. Phil Kessel nets his fifth goal on the season to tie the game 2-2. After no goals in the third and in overtime the game moves to the shootout. In the shootout period, the Kings win it in the fifth round and the Kings knockoff the Coyotes 3-2.
- Minnesota Wild v. Anaheim Ducks – 10p ET
- In Anaheim, the Ducks look to tame the Wild and in the first period, Minnesota opens the scoring when Ryan Hartman gets his second goal on the season. The Wild take the 2-0 lead when Kevin Fiala nets his fourth goal of the season. In the second period, Sam Steel gets the Ducks on the board with his second goal of the season. In the third period, Marcus Foligno scores a PPG, his second goal of the season, to give the Wild the 3-1 lead and victory.
- CHI v. CAR – 7p ET
- FLA v. DET – 7p ET
- EDM v. CAL – 9p ET
- WIN v. VAN – 10p ET