NHL News and Notes from Tuesday, February 16th, 2021
- New York Islanders v. Buffalo Sabres – 7p ET
- In Buffalo the Sabres would take on the New York Islanders once again, and in the first period the Isles would light up the Sabres with goals from Anders Lee and Jean-Gabriel Pageau to take the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Lee would ice the game for the Islanders with his second of the game for the 3-0 victory over the Sabres.
- New Jersey Devils v. New York Rangers – 7p ET
- In their first game back from missing nearly two weeks due to COVID Protocols, the New Jersey Devils travel to Madison Square Garden to take on the New York Rangers. After a scoreless first period, both teams would net two goals each as Colin Blackwell and Pavel Buchnevich would score to get the Rangers on the board, and Pavel Zacha and Will Butcher would tally for the Devils as they would go into the second intermission tied at two. Then in the third period the Devils would get goals from Yegor Sharangovich, Nicholas Merkley, and Mikhail Maltsev to give the Devils the 5-2 victory.
- Washington Capitals v. Pittsburgh Penguins – 7p ET
- In Pittsburgh the Washington Capitals look to end their four game losing streak against the Penguins, and after a scoreless first period Conor Sheary and Jakub Vrana would score to give the Caps the 2-0 lead. Then in the third period Zach Aston-Reese would score late in the period for the Pens, but Lars Eller’s earlier tally in the third would give the Capitals the 3-1 victory and end their four game losing streak.
Michael’s TXHT Recap – Redemption in Victory
- Nashville Predators v. Dallas Stars – 8:30p ET
- Postponed due to Weather
- Colorado Avalanche v. Vegas Golden Knights – 10p ET
- In Vegas, the Golden Knights look for the two game sweep over Colorado. In the first period, Colorado takes the 1-0 lead when Nathan MacKinnon scores his third goal of the season. In the second period, Vegas ties the game with a Max Pacioretty PPG, his eighth goal of the season. Colorado takes the 2-1 lead when Brandon Saad nets his sixth goal of the season. In the third period, Jonathan Marchessault gets his fifth goal of the season as the Golden Knights tie the game again. With 41 seconds left in the game, Nazem Kadri nets his fourth goal of the season as the Avalanche down the Golden Knights 3-2.
- Minnesota Wild v. Los Angeles Kings – 10p ET
- In the City of Angels, the Kings play host to the Minnesota Wild. In the first period, Los Angeles takes the 1-0 lead when Jaret Anderson-Dolan scores a PPG, his third goal of the season. In the second period, Trevor Moore gives the Kings the 2-0 lead with his first goal of the season. In the third period, Dustin Brown gives the Kings the commanding 3-0 lead and with 37 left in the contest, Drew Doughty seals the win with his fourth goal of the season as the Kings dismantle the Wild 4-0
- FLA v. CAR – 5p ET
- OTT v. TOR – 7p ET
- CHI v. DET – 7:30p ET
- VAN v. CAL – 10p ET
- WIN v. EDM – 10p ET