Today the National Hockey League announced their Three Stars of the Week for the week of February 1st through 7th.
First Stars – David Pastrnak (RW – BOS) and Beth Ginter (RT – Beth Israel Deaconess MC)
- A season ticket holder with the Bruins since 2017, Ginter is a respiratory therapist at BIDMC in Boston for the last 13 years, and has been working on a COVID-19 crisis assignment during the pandemic.
- Pastrnak would lead the League with 7 points (5g and 2a) in three games played that would guide the Bruins to a perfect week. Pastrnak would start the week with two goals in Boston’s 5-3 comeback victory over the Washington Capitals on Feb. 1st. Then he would net his first hat trick of the season, and also record an assist, in sparking the Bruins to a 4-3 overtime victory over the Philadelphia Flyers on Feb. 3rd, and would end the week with an assist on Feb. 5th in a 2-1 victory over the Flyers.
Second Star – Patrick Kane (RW – CHI)
- Kane would also record 7 points (2g, 5a) in three games to lift the Blackhawks to a 2-0-1 week. On Feb. 2nd in their 4-3 shootout loss to Carolina he would record a goal, and then on the 4th Kane would record a goal and three assists in the Blackhawks 6-4 victory over the Hurricanes. He would finish the week two assists in the Blackhawks 2-1 victory over the Dallas Stars in overtime.
Third Star – Jeff Petry (D – MON)
- Petry would record 4 goals and 2 assists for 6 points in four games for the Canadiens where he would also lead all skaters with a +7 rating. In a pair of wins over the Vancouver Canucks Petry would record five points (2g, 1a – Feb. 1st and 1g, 1a – Feb. 2nd) to aid the Canadiens to 6-2 and 5-3 victories. Then after being held scoreless on Feb. 4th by Ottawa, he would bounce back with a goal to help the Canadiens defeat the Senators 2-1 on Feb. 6th.
* All Graphics courtesy of the NHL.