Today the National Hockey League announced their Three Stars of the Week for the week of January 13th through 17th.
First Stars – Kirill Kaprizov (LW – MIN) and Brittany Hutchinson (RN – Fairview Hospital)
- Hutchinson is a registered nurse who is currently working on the COVID unit at Fairview Hospital in Minneapolis, MN. The Wild season ticket holder became the youngest person in America to earn the Medal of Valor after saving a child’s life by pushing them out of the way of a school bus and allowing herself to be run over instead. Hutchinson has also participated in 12 humanitarian and medical relief missionary trips to eight states and four countries.
- Kaprizov helped the Wild win their first two games of the season by collecting one goal and three assist for four points, which included contributing to both overtime winning goals for the Wild. In the season opener on January 14th, Kaprizov would net the overtime game winning goal and two assists to help the Wild rally from a 3-1 third period deficit and defeat the Los Angeles Kings 4-3. Then on Jan. 16th, he would record the primary assist on Marcus Johansson’s overtime tally to another 3-1 third period deficit to give the Wild another 4-3 victory over the Kings.
Second Star – Travis Konecny (RW – PHI)
- Konecny led the League in scoring for the week compiling three goals and two assists for five points in two games. On Jan. 13th against the Pittsburgh Penguins Konecny would record an assist in the Flyers 6-3 victory, then would record a career high four points on Jan. 15th as he would score three goals and record an assist to lead the Flyers to a 5-2 victory over the Penguins.
Third Star – Steven Stamkos (C – TB)
- Stamkos would match his Three Stars counterpart Konecny with five points for the week as he would record two goals and three assists. Stamkos would tally a goal and two assists on Jan. 13th as the Lightning would raise their 2020 Stanley Cup Banner and power past the Chicago Blackhawks 5-1. Then on Jan. 15th Stamkos would record a goal and an assist in the Lightning’s 5-2 victory over the Blackhawks to start the season 2-0-0.
* All Graphics courtesy of the NHL.