NHL News and Notes from Monday, September 28th, 2020
- The Philadelphia Flyers announced that they have re-signed defenseman Robert Hagg to a two year deal with an AAV of $1.6 million per season.
- The Flyers also announced that they have named Chris Stewart as Player Development Coach.
- Stewart announced his retirement the day before after an 11 year NHL career.
- The NHL announced they weekly COVID-19 update.
- After completing their ninth week of Phase 4, there were zero positive test results out of 773 tests administered during the week of September 20th through 26th.
- The NHL will issue it’s final update after the Stanley Cup Final has concluded.
- The Vegas Golden Knights and Chicago Blackhawks made a trade.
- The Blackhawks acquired forward Brandon Pirri.
- The Golden Knights acquired forward Dylan Sikura.
- Victor Hedman of the Tampa Lightning was named the Conn Smythe Trophy winner.
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Dallas Stars – 8p ET Start Time
- Heading into Game 6 the Stars look to force Game 7, but the Lightning will look to rebound and win the Stanley Cup. In the first period while on the powerplay Brayden Point would strike to give Tampa the 1-0 lead. Then in the second period Blake Coleman would tally to give Tampa the two goal lead. Then in the third period despite a hard push by the Stars, the Lightning would hold them off the board to take Game 6 2-0 and win the Stanley Cup Final 4-2 to earn their second Stanley Cup in franchise history.
- Kassie’s TXHT Recap – Tampa Earns Second Stanley Cup