NHL News and Notes from Sunday, September 13th, 2020
- The New York Islanders announced before the start of Game 4 that forwards Casey Cizikas and Tom Kuhnhackl are both injured and have left the bubble, and will not be returning for the rest of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
- The NHL announced defenseman Mark Giordano of the Calgary Flames as the winner of the 2019-20 Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award.
- Tampa Bay v. New York Islanders – 3p ET Start Time
- For Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals the New York Islanders look to even the series at two games a piece, but the Tampa Bay Lightning look to follow the Dallas Stars lead and take the 3-1 series lead. After a scoreless first period both teams would combine for three goals in 27 seconds as Brock Nelson would strike first for the Islanders, but Blake Coleman and Ondrej Palat would score 12 seconds apart to give the Lightning the 2-1 lead. Come the third period Brayden Point would score to give Tampa the two goal lead, and Pat Maroon with the empty netter to give the Lightning the 4-1 victory to take the 3-1 series lead over the Islanders.
- Michael’s TXHT Recap – Tampa One Win Away with 4-1 Victory
- 8p ET – Dallas v. Vegas