NHL News and Notes from Thursday, September 10th, 2020
- The National Hockey League Department of Player Safety announced that forward Alex Killorn of the Tampa Bay Lightning has been suspended for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals.
- Killorn boarded New York Islanders forward Brock Nelson six minutes into Game 2, and was given a 5 minute major and a game misconduct for the play on the ice.
- The NHL announced Philadelphia Flyers forward Sean Couturier as the 2019-20 Frank J. Selke Trophy winner.
- Recognized as the best defensive forward in the NHL, Couturier earned his first Selke award.
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Dallas Stars – 8p ET Start Time
- For Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals, the Golden Knights look to continue riding their wave of momentum to take their first lead of the series, but the Stars look to retake the lead against the Knights. After 39 minutes of scoreless hockey Jamie Oleksiak would open the scoring with 17 seconds left in the second period for Dallas. Then in the third period Shea Theodore would score on the powerplay to get Vegas on the board. Jamie Benn would tally not long after to regain the lead for the Stars, but Mark Stone would score to tie the game at two and send the game to overtime. In the extra frame Alexander Radulov would only need 31 seconds to score and give the Stars the 3-2 victory and the 2-1 series lead.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – 31 Seconds and Dallas Regains the Lead
- 8p ET – Tampa Bay v. NY Islanders