NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, September 9th, 2020
- The NHL announced the finalists for the 2019-20 Jim Gregory General Manager of the Year Award.
- Julien Brisebois – TB
- Lou Lamoriello – NYI
- Jim Nill – DAL
- The NHL also announced that they have joined the Rally to Vote Coalition to promote voter registration and turnout.
- The Chicago Blackhawks and Florida Panthers are the only two teams so far to announce that they have joined the Rally the Vote Coalition.
- The Arizona Coyotes announced on Sept. 4th that Gila River Arena will serve as a vote Center for the 2020 General Election.
- Boston Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy has been named the winner of the 2019-20 Jack Adams Award as the top head coach in the NHL as voted by the NHL Broadcasters’ Association.
- New York Islanders v. Tampa Bay Lightning – 8p ET Start Time
- Going into Game 2 of the East Conference Final, the Islanders look to bounce back from the beat down they took at hands of the Lightning. In the first period Matt Martin would score 84 seconds into the game to take the 1-0 lead, but late in the period Victor Hedman would strike to tie the game at one. After a scoreless second period, and a nearly scoreless third period, Nikita Kucherov would score with 7.8 seconds left in regulation to give the Lightning the 2-1 victory to take the 2-0 series lead over the Islanders.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Kucherov’s Flare for the Dramatics Wins Game 2
- 8p ET – Vegas v. Dallas