NHL News and Notes from Thursday, September 3rd, 2020
- Philadelphia Flyers v. New York Islanders – 7p ET Start Time
- In Toronto the Islanders look to advance past Philadelphia, but the Flyers gain a boost of inspiration as Oskar Lindblom returns to the lineup for the first time since December 2019. In the first period Kevin Hayes and James van Riemsdyk would open the scoring for the Flyers, but Derick Brassard would score to get the Islanders back within one. Then in the second period Michael Raffl would score for the Flyers, but goals from Matt Martin, Anders Lee (PPG), and Mathew Barzal would give New York the 4-3 lead. In the third Scott Laughton would score half way through the period to tie the game at four and send the game to overtime. Then after a scoreless overtime period it would be Ivan Provorov with the point blast to give the Flyers the 5-4 victory and force Game 7 for Saturday.
- Aryan’s TXHT Recap – Flyers Force Game 7 with Double OT Thriller
- Vegas Golden Knights v. Vancouver Canucks – 945p ET Start Time
- Out west the Canucks look to stay alive against the Golden Knights, and in the first period Jake Virtanen would strike less than three minutes into the period to give Vancouver the 1-0 lead. Then after a scoreless second period JT Miller would strike 63 seconds into the third to give the Canucks the 2-0 lead, but then later in the period while playing 4 on 4 Quinn Hughes would rip a bullet that Robin Lehner wouldn’t see to give the Canucks the 3-0 lead. With less than 5 minutes left in regulation Bo horvat would net his tenth of the postseason to give the Canucks the 4-0 victory and force Game 7.
- Dickson’s TXHT Recap – Demko’s 48 Save Shutout Forces Game 7
- 4p ET – Dallas v. Colorado
- 9p ET – Vancouver v. Vegas