NHL News and Notes from Wednesday, August 26th, 2020
In lieu of recent events, and the boycotts that took place in other sports yesterday, TXHT ceased covering games after the Flyers/Islanders game. We have elected to only release what was already written before the protests started taking place.
- St. Louis Blues GM Doug Armstrong announced that forward Vladimir Tarasenko will undergo shoulder surgery next week.
- Tarasenko will be re-evaluated in five months (Late January/Early February).
- Former Washington Capitals defenseman Mike Green announced his retirement.
- Green played 15 seasons in the NHL with the Capitals, Detroit Red Wings, and Edmonton Oilers.
- The NHL announced that the Arizona Coyotes will have sanctions placed against them for violating the League’s Combine Testing Policy.
- The Coyotes will be forfeiting their 2020 2nd Round Pick, and their 2021 1st Round Pick.
- To read the full announcement, click here.
- New York Islanders v. Philadelphia Flyers – 3p ET Start Time
- For a Wednesday matinee, the Flyers look to even their series with the Islanders after falling flat in Game 1, and in the first period the Flyers would chase Semyon Varlamov from the game as Kevin Hayes would net a pair of goals, and Sean Couturier would score his first of the playoffs for the commanding 3-0 lead. However, the Flyers would take their foot off the gas and the Islanders would get themselves back in this one as Anders Lee would strike on the powerplay in the second, and in the third Anthony Beauvillier and Jean-Gabriel Pageau would score to tie the game at three to send the game to overtime. Then in the extra frame it would only take 2:41 for Philippe Myers to blast the game winner as the Flyers would tie the series at one with the 4-3 victory.
- Aryan’s TXHT Recap – Flyers Survive OT to Tie Series
- Tampa Bay Lightning v. Boston Bruins – 8p ET Start Time
- In lieu of recent events, TXHT will not do a proper recap for this game.
- Shaggy’s TXHT Recap – Black Lives Matter
- Colorado Avalanche v. Dallas Stars – 1030p ET Start Time
- In lieu of recent events, TXHT will not do a recap for this game.
- 7p ET – Philadelphia v. NY Islanders
- 945p ET – Vegas v. Vancouver