On Monday, July 13th in the National Hockey League we saw signings, rumors, and a coach getting the interim label removed from his title.
Wild Make Evason Head Coach
- The Minnesota Wild announced that they have removed the interim label and made Dean Evason the official head coach for the team.
- Evason took over from Bruce Boudreau on February 14th, and lead the team to an 8-4-0 record before the pause took place.
Why NHL, Why?
- As reported by Greg Wyshynski, the NHL is planning to have teams reach out to their fans to record videos of them cheering and booing.
- This is really stupid and should not even be a thing, and as we’ve learned with WWE and AEW, piping in crowd noise is really awkward, no matter how hard you try to edit it in.
Pens on Ice
- The Pittsburgh Penguins have announced that they have voluntarily sidelined nine players due to potential exposure to an individual who was with someone who had tested positive for COVID-19.
- The secondary exposure was learned the day before, and the precaution was made.
- The players will return once the NHL protocols are followed and they are deemed safe to return.
Could it be True!?
- Hailey Salvian of The Athletic is reporting the Ottawa Senators will be rebranding back to their original look from their inaugural season.
- And if rumors are true, and the original look is coming back as Kyle Bukauskas chimed in with (below), then this will be very exciting as the original look for the Senators was a very good look, and I’m definitely looking forward to it if true.
Other News and Notes
- Philadelphia Flyers has confirmed that forward Nolan Patrick will not be on their roster due to his migraine disorder.
- The St. Louis Blues have announced that they have activated forward Vladimir Tarasenko from injured reserve.
The Beginning of the Horrible Reporting…
- The tweets speak for themselves…
- Florida Panthers Assistant Coach Mike Kitchen has opted out of the NHL’s Return to Play program. Kitchen is 64 years old, and in the high risk group.
And now some Signings…